diy solar

diy solar

Mobile LiPo install and heat

KTM-Guy

I’m installing a 230AH battery in my Jeep (to run a fridge/freezer) and another in the tongue box of my trailer. Living in Phoenix it gets hot here in the summer. What do people do in warm climates with their batteries in between use? We average over 100 days over 100 degrees (38C). And will see a few days pushing 120 (49C).

Thanks
Todd

Its unusual to have multiple high capacity lfp batteries in different parts of a vehicle.
Typically they are kept together and very close to the high draw load which in most cases is the inverter.
They are usually kept in a climate controlled living space.
High heat will cause them stress.

I’m installing a 230AH battery in my Jeep (to run a fridge/freezer) and another in the tongue box of my trailer. Living in Phoenix it gets hot here in the summer. What do people do in warm climates with their batteries in between use? We average over 100 days over 100 degrees (38C). And will see a few days pushing 120 (49C).

Thanks
Todd

I feel for ya Todd, I've grown up in S Az and know Phoenix summers are blazing. I live in SE Az and temps get to that
+100 deg point as well.
In summer I always bring My Trailers LiFepo inside the house And the ones in the garage I run a fan with ventilation on them thru the heat season. ?

Its unusual to have multiple high capacity lfp batteries in different parts of a vehicle.
Typically they are kept together and very close to the high draw load which in most cases is the inverter.
They are usually kept in a climate controlled living space.
High heat will cause them stress.
My setup is not typical I guess. I don't have an inverter, need the high capacity because I don't have room to mount solar. Oally tor store solar panels.

I'll have to do wiring to make the batteries easy to remove.

Thanks

I feel for ya Todd, I've grown up in S Az and know Phoenix summers are blazing. I live in SE Az and temps get to that
+100 deg point as well.
In summer I always bring My Trailers LiFepo inside the house And the ones in the garage I run a fan with ventilation on them thru the heat season. ?
I will be ordering some Anderson plugs for my install I guess. Lol. Luckily I don’t have any big power draws. I could probably get away with 50 amp, but might look for 175 amps for future. At some point I would like to add a induction cooktop.

I haven’t been to SE AZ yet know any good places to disperse camp?

Thanks, and enjoy the cool weather we have now.
Todd

Back