diy solar

diy solar

Moderator please help

GLC

Solar Enthusiast
I tried to join this site a few weeks ago. It has been a little frustrating. The first email address I used, I never got a response to. SBCGLOBAL.net extension. I tried to have it resend the info multiple times. The same with an ATT.net extension, no response. Today I used my work email and got a response back in 30 seconds. Here is my deli-ma, I don't want to use my work email address for this site. It will not let me change my email address to my personal email address because it says it is being used although it never sent me a confirmation email. How can I get this changed?

Go into your personal mail / Spam-Junk folder and retrieve the message from this board.
It happens quite frequently.

Nothing in spam folder or junk mail. Tried to have it resend multiple times with personal email addresses. Finally my work email went through today. I have been trying to get on here for a while now. I just need to get it switched over to my personal email.

Just tried it again with the other emails, no response. I actually emptied my spam and junk mail folders so I would not miss it. It is not there.

Take a few minutes to set up a Gmail address if you don't want to use your work email.
This site must hate SBC AT&T as much as me. Lolz

I believe in order to change and use my current personal email, the previous register must be first deleted because it has my personal email address attached to it. It thinks that email is already in use. So if a moderator can message me, I can give them the info and they can delete my previous request which will delete the user and then i can use my personal email. I know that I could just get a Gmail account but that would just be another email account that I would have to keep up with. Yes I am old and set in my ways. I have had that email address since the internet came to life.

@Will Prowse is the one who needs to look into this.

all we mods can do is ban... we don’t have those kind of site powers... I don’t think.

At a guess the automatic denial kicked in as it didn't like your username or email. It could be that an nslookup on SBCGLOBAL.net doesn't return an "A" record, which makes you look suspicious. Not sure why ATT.net didn't work unless the email name matches a banned name.

Yeah, just use a gmail address.

If you have been banned on this forum, or banned on other forums using the same platform, you will be blocked. Try creating a new email with a new IP address if you have been banned on other forums similar to this one.

First, I only found this forum about a month ago so probably can say that it would have been impossible to be banned on it. Second, I have never been banned on any forums. I am 65 years old and I don't have enough energy to start any crap. Third, I actually purchased an inverter on your links on your site, so I am not even expecting a thank you. All I wanted was access to the forum. Will, I started watching your videos about 6 months ago on youtube. I was very impressed. I do not know what the technical issues on the site are for refusing me previously but I am glad that I finally got on it.

Are you related to mouse motors?

Actually that is the name I tried to use at first except it was mousemotors in one word. In my younger years I raced and built small block chevys hence the name mousemotors. Big block chevys were called rat motors. It would be nice if the name mousemotors and chicken man could be deleted so I could use my current email address. Those were the two I tried to use with sbcglobal and att. that I never got a response with.

Last edited:
Actually that is the name I tried to use at first except it was mousemotors in one word. In my younger years I raced and built small block chevys hence the name mousemotors. Big block chevys were called rat motors. It would be nice if the name mousemotors and chicken man could be deleted so I could use my current email address. Those were the two I tried to use with sbcglobal and att. that I never got a response with.
Try Gmail like Will said. It will give you portability when you decide to move from the sbcglobal or att's internet provider accounts. Once you leave them, there is no way to keep their email address.

Yes, I see the account mousemotors uses the same IP address you are using with this address. The system likely has blocking going on due to more usernames associated with the same IP... I also see chicken man...

(I also raced SBC in the doorslammer class, and still have the car...)

Back