diy solar

diy solar

Moe's ATS not transferring (switching)

dankalstad

Switching Problems with Moe’s ATS 50A 5500W unit: I have copied Will’s 24V system w/ ATS having set points at LV 21.4v and HV 24v (recovery). I’m using 3 X 100w panels, with two 12v Chin batteries. When testing, hair drier on medium (574w), batteries go from 25.3 v down to 22.1 and the ATS screen shuts off without the ATS transferring to public power. Can someone please advice? Does Moe’s have a good Tech-Support number? I have spent hours and apologize if I missed this in the Forum. Thank you for this Forum!

I’m a bit of a newbie but have a similar set up. For what it’s worth, the only thought I had was that maybe the low voltage protection in your bms is being triggered which wound explain the screen in the transfer switch going off as the bms shuts the battery down. Perhaps have a look in the bms to see what the low voltage protection is set to. As I said I’m fairly new to lithium so I might be miles off target but worth a look. Or increase the LV to something higher, mine is set at 24.8 which is meant to be around 10% state of charge.

Last edited:
I was hoping someone more knowledgeable than I would reply
Your voltages seem very low.

Slowbutsure seems to be correct.
who knows how well the battery packs are balanced
It's likely a cell is triggering the BMS to shut down the battery when the voltage gets that low.
With no power from the battery bank the ATS will shut down. (with my limited knowledge)

I have a MOES ATS
I set my LV to 25.6 to trigger grid power
Switch back to battery at 26.8

1620441506493-png.48201
ed.

Back