diy solar

diy solar

moes auto transfer switch application

thames solar

HI, I have a quick question about the moes ats, let me firstly tell you about the application I want to use it in. I have a boat with a 12volt battery bank that runs internal lights and all the water pumps, it also runs an inverter charger for all the 240v appliances. when the boat is on shore power the inverter can keep the battery bank topped up if there isn't much solar charging them (UK WEATHER) my question is will the inverter still have that option to top up the battery bank when wired through the moes unit?

That thing is dangerous, hopefully you can get your money back. It has fried people's inverters. It has no mechanical interlock. If one set of contacts gets stuck, the other will still connect. Then the shore power will be connected to the inverters output. That's when the magic smoke gets its freedom.

That thing is dangerous, hopefully you can get your money back. It has fried people's inverters. It has no mechanical interlock. If one set of contacts gets stuck, the other will still connect. Then the shore power will be connected to the inverters output. That's when the magic smoke gets its freedom.
thank you for the info! I haven't bought it yet as wanted to make sure it would work ok! will stay away from them now, thank you for the warning..

Back