diy solar

diy solar

Monitoring Bluetti Systems

Fantastic job ! I operate a Bluetti AC200MAX and i monitor the device with a Raspberry Pi 3 and this software. I run bluetti-mqtt as a service in systemd with the following data:

[Unit]
Description=Bluetti MQTT
After=network.target
StartLimitIntervalSec=0

[Service]
Type=simple
Restart=always
RestartSec=30
TimeoutStopSec=15
User=pi
ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/bluetti-mqtt --broker 192.168.10.152 --username sh --password 12345 --interval 10 00:15:83:8A:FF:D3

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
This works fine for a certain time (a few hours up to a few days). Suddently no data are sent to the mqtt broker anymore. I have to restart the service and the data come immediately again.

How can i detect the reason for stopping the transmission of data ? Are there log files generated ?

How can i detect the reason for stopping the transmission of data ? Are there log files generated ?
It's possible this is the same reason as this other report. When running services with systemd, logs are automatically sent to syslog, and should be readable by running journalctl -u name-of-the-service.target. You can use the -n 100 flag to specify the number of lines to print out, or the -f flag to print out each log line as it's generated by the service.

How do you log data via iobroker? I've connected my Raspberry PI with iobroker and MQTT-Broker. But there are only states from the beginning of the connection but no actual data.

@ApolloSK When you run bluetti-mqtt for the first time it "permanently" adds those homeassistant keys, so any time a client connects to the MQTT broker it'll receive that config data automatically. If you're not seeing anything other than those keys then the script is probably not running for some reason. I would check the logs to see if it crashed or something.

It's possible this is the same reason as this other report. When running services with systemd, logs are automatically sent to syslog, and should be readable by running journalctl -u name-of-the-service.target. You can use the -n 100 flag to specify the number of lines to print out, or the -f flag to print out each log line as it's generated by the service.
I started the service on the 12. Sept at 22:10 and i see these data in the log:

Sep 12 22:10:27 garage systemd[1]: Started Bluetti MQTT.
Sep 12 22:10:34 garage bluetti-mqtt[851]: INFO:root:Starting to poll clients...
Sep 12 22:10:34 garage bluetti-mqtt[851]: INFO:root:Connecting to MQTT broker...
Sep 12 22:10:34 garage bluetti-mqtt[851]: INFO:root:Connecting to clients: ['00:15:83:8A:FF:D3']
Sep 12 22:10:34 garage bluetti-mqtt[851]: INFO:root:Connected to MQTT broker
Sep 12 22:10:34 garage bluetti-mqtt[851]: INFO:root:Sent discovery message of AC200M-2211001616047 to Home Assistant
There are no further data till now, but the service does not send data. The service is still running:
pi@garage:~ $ sudo systemctl status bluetti-mqtt
● bluetti-mqtt.service - Bluetti MQTT
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/bluetti-mqtt.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Mon 2022-09-12 22:10:27 CEST; 2 days ago
Main PID: 851 (bluetti-mqtt)
Tasks: 2 (limit: 779)
CPU: 16min 11.366s
CGroup: /system.slice/bluetti-mqtt.service
└─851 /usr/bin/python3 /usr/local/bin/bluetti-mqtt --broker 192.168.10.152 --username sh --password 12345 --inte>

Sep 12 22:10:27 garage systemd[1]: Started Bluetti MQTT.
Sep 12 22:10:34 garage bluetti-mqtt[851]: INFO:root:Starting to poll clients...
Sep 12 22:10:34 garage bluetti-mqtt[851]: INFO:root:Connecting to MQTT broker...
Sep 12 22:10:34 garage bluetti-mqtt[851]: INFO:root:Connecting to clients: ['00:15:83:8A:FF:D3']
Sep 12 22:10:34 garage bluetti-mqtt[851]: INFO:root:Connected to MQTT broker
Sep 12 22:10:34 garage bluetti-mqtt[851]: INFO:root:Sent discovery message of AC200M-2211001616047 to Home Assistant
The process is visible in "ps -ef" too.

The data are back, when i restart the service.

Hey guys, first Thank you very much for your efforts and for @chromedshark for all his help answering my emails and getting me this far!

I have everything setup and working to Home Assistant... but I do have a question on how to parse a topic that has json payload.

I'm looking at topic "bluetti/state/AC300-##########/pack_details1" to run an automation in Home Assistant, but I need to check the value of the key "percent" in the json payload and use it to execute action if the value drops below a specific value.

Last edited:
Hey guys. So I did figure out how to parse the json in the pack_details1 topic by editing the mqtt.yaml file and adding a sensor.

One thing that I notice is that when I added my second AC300 the "AC Output" entity bounces back and forth from enabled to disabled. I'm thinking this is because my system is in Split-Phase mode and even the Bluetti app only shows my Master unit's AC Output enabled. The slave unit shows it always off on the app.

Has anyone else seen this?

I added a periodical restart in systemd with the line "RuntimeMaxSec=3600s":

[Unit]
Description=Bluetti MQTT
After=network.target
StartLimitIntervalSec=0

[Service]
Type=simple
Restart=always
RuntimeMaxSec=3600s
RestartSec=30
TimeoutStopSec=15
User=pi
ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/bluetti-mqtt --broker 192.168.10.152 --username sh --p>

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
Now i can monitor my device continuously.

One thing that I notice is that when I added my second AC300 the "AC Output" entity bounces back and forth from enabled to disabled. I'm thinking this is because my system is in Split-Phase mode and even the Bluetti app only shows my Master unit's AC Output enabled. The slave unit shows it always off on the app.
@twister36 I only have a single AC300, but I suspect this is because one of the two places that value is stored should be ignored in this case. The question is which. If you use the bluetti-logger command to collect logs from both your devices (just run it for ~5 minutes against each device) and send them to me I can probably fix this.

@chromedshark: My program fetches one value at a time. Do you do the same? Or is there a way to fetch all values at once?
@Tinkerpete Short answer is that there is a way to fetch multiple values at once and I'm doing that in bluetti-mqtt.

The longer answer is that can you use a query command (the 0x03 command) with a size greater than 1. The command 010300240001C401 will return a single field, the DC Input Power (stored at 0x00, 0x24). The command 01030024000E8405 will return 14 fields (0x0E) from 0x24 to 0x31 inclusive, covering all the data that the mobile app displays on the main page.

As far as I can tell, the Bluetti only supports Bluetooth LE communication in fixed size packets. Once you cut out all the overhead, you're left with 20 bytes of data that can be stored in each notify packet - the amount of data that the Bluetti can send back in a single packet in response to a query. The Bluetti messaging protocol has 5 bytes of overhead (3 for the header and 2 for the CRC), so that leaves 15 bytes. If the size of your range query exceeds 15 bytes, then the response is split across multiple packets and you must reconstruct the full response by concatenating them together. This is what I'm doing in bluetti-mqtt, but it means I had to handle a bunch of other complications (timeouts, packet loss, packet corruption, etc.). Also, as the number of packets that need to be combined goes up, the odds of the entire response being corrupted goes up, so I've found that the sweet spot maximum is ~8 packets. If you don't want to deal with this complexity then you certainly achieve what you want by limiting yourself to requests for at most 7 fields in a single request (each field offset is a 2 byte value) and just making more requests.

The ideal architecture for this is two "threads": one for making requests and one for processing the response. You cannot make a new request until the response to the previous request has finished (or some timeout is reached), so the request thread is blocked waiting on the response processing thread. The response processing thread handles concatenating the pieces together, detecting when it has received all the data it's supposed to based on what the query was, verifying the checksum, and then notifying the request thread that the request is completed. This architecture then simplifies how you interact with the device in the rest of your code to making requests and either receiving a response or receiving some error.

@chromedshark: Thank you for the detailed answer! The query of the individual values works very well for me. I was just wondering if this could put any strain on the Bluetti if, as I do in my programme, 12 values are queried every 5 seconds? In this case I would try to program it as you have described. But first of all, there seems to be no compelling reason for it.

Really appreciate getting all this started @chromedshark and others!

For anyone looking for a super simple way to integrate into HA OS (Home Assistant Operating System), here's the cleanest, lowest code route I've found:

Find your device ID: I did this by getting into the HA OS host, then Docker instance, then manually installing bluetti_mqtt (pip install bluetti_mqtt) and running the --scan command (there's likely an easier way to do this).

Setup MQTT (if you haven't yet): Follow directions here - https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/mqtt/broker/ (including user/password combo)

Create script/shell_command integration: I created a new directory in /config/ called "shell" and placed a new script called install_start_bluetti_mqtt.sh in it. Inside that script (replace USERNAME, PASSWORD, DEVICE_ID with yours):

#!/bin/bash pip install bluetti_mqtt nohup bash -c "bluetti-mqtt --broker 127.0.0.1 --username USERNAME --password PASSWORD DEVICE_ID &"
Once that's in there, add this to the root of your configuration.yaml:

shell_command: install_start_bluetti: bash /config/shell/install_start_bluetti_mqtt.sh
Setup automation: Super simple automation that trigger's on HA start (can create with the GUI in Settings>Automations>Create Automation):
Note: the "id" value here has no connection to the DEVICE_ID, it's auto-generated by HA when creating a new automation

- id: '1665937079543' alias: Install and start bluetti-mqtt on HA start description: '' trigger: - platform: homeassistant event: start condition: [] action: - service: shell_command.install_start_bluetti data: {} mode: single
-

Have this up and running for my WIP AC300+2xB300+2xPV350 build - running HA OS 9 on a Raspberry Pi 3. Obviously a temp solution, but working well for now! Going to dig into HA OS 9+ BT support and see if I can help further a native HA integration.

BF44BA84-7DB9-414D-914C-B34E31182EBF.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the Tip with the Bluetti_MQTT integration, i’ll try that when i am back from vacation.
I have an EP500Pro with 2 PV Strings attached and currently run the Bluetti_MQTT part on an Raspberry PI.
The native integration via HAOS inlc. native Bluetooth integration would be really great.

For anyone looking for a super simple way to integrate into HA OS (Home Assistant Operating System), here's the cleanest, lowest code route I've found:

Find your device ID: I did this by getting into the HA OS host, then Docker instance, then manually installing bluetti_mqtt (pip install bluetti_mqtt) and running the --scan command (there's likely an easier way to do this).

Setup MQTT (if you haven't yet): Follow directions here - https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/mqtt/broker/ (including user/password combo)

Create script/shell_command integration: I created a new directory in /config/ called "shell" and placed a new script called install_start_bluetti_mqtt.sh in it. Inside that script (replace USERNAME, PASSWORD, DEVICE_ID with yours):

#!/bin/bash pip install bluetti_mqtt nohup bash -c "bluetti-mqtt --broker 127.0.0.1 --username USERNAME --password PASSWORD DEVICE_ID &"

shell_command: install_start_bluetti: bash /config/shell/install_start_bluetti_mqtt.sh
Setup automation: Super simple automation that trigger's on HA start:

- id: '1665937079543' alias: Install and start bluetti-mqtt on HA start description: '' trigger: - platform: homeassistant event: start condition: [] action: - service: shell_command.install_start_bluetti data: {} mode: single
-

Have this up and running for my WIP AC300+2xB300+2xPV350 build - running HA OS 9 on a Raspberry Pi 3. Obviously a temp solution, but working well for now! Going to dig into HA OS 9+ BT support and see if I can help further a native HA integration.

View attachment 116612

Setup automation: Super simple automation that trigger's on HA start:

-

View attachment 116612
Hi thank you for the manual the only what by me make troubles is the Setup Automation show here 1666499225900.png have you a idea what is wrong ?

I tried to install that on an Intel NUC native Installation of HA and get the following error message when I try to test the script from the command line.

[core-ssh shell]$ chmod +x install start bluetti mqtt.sh
[core-ssh shell]$ .//install start bluetti matt.sh
.//install start bluetti mqtt.sh: line 2: pip: command not found
nohup: appending output to nohup.out

Is that a limitation of HAOS that it cannot run/test the script with the "pip install bluetti_mqtt" via command line but that would work during a reboot ?
Thanks

UPDATE:
Just configured everything as described in the post and restarted HA and it works immediately !!!!!
Now I don't need the Raspberry PI and can use it for something else.
Everything of the Bluetti_MQTT Installation runs on the Intel NUC.
Great Job, THANKS !!!!

Last edited:

Setup automation: Super simple automation that trigger's on HA start (can create with the GUI in Settings>Automations>Create Automation):
Note: the "id" value here has no connection to the DEVICE_ID, it's auto-generated by HA when creating a new automation

-

View attachment 116612
Big thanks for your short guide, it works for my AC200Max. But a question, how you get the Estimated Energy Production Today in your Dashboard ? i am new in home assistant and with the bluetti-mqtt integration i only get the total battery, dc in/out, ac in/out and the two switches .. thanks for your help :)

Back