diy solar

diy solar

Monitoring / Data collection utility for Renogy controllers

mickwheelz

I recently started building a little solar setup in my lockup, and happened to come across this forum when looking at ways to collect data from the Renogy Wanderer controller I bought. My plan was to get the data in to my home automation system (Home Assistant).

I found quite a lot of useful information here and decided to build my own data collection utility, it takes the data from the controller and publishes it to a MQTT bus that Home Assistant (or anything else that can use MQTT.. e.g Grafana) can use.

It's open source and available on GitHub here: https://github.com/mickwheelz/NodeRenogy

It's currently running on a Raspberry Pi Zero that is connected to my controller and seems to be working quite well.

I'd love to get some feedback and see what people think!

I'll look to give this a try for sure. I've just setup me new small system and have an extra Rasberry Pi B+. I just need to get a Renogy controller.

Just found this and started using it. Works great monitoring a Rich Solar branded ml2420 and Weize branded ml2430. It's been providing info to my home assistant setup for about a week with no issues.

Is there anything like this that does not require programming knowledge? I'm fine wiring things and making adaptor cables but this looks like way too much coding for me.

Back