diy solar

diy solar

Monitoring software for MPP Solar and Growatt?

apctjb

Solar Enthusiast
Growatt has monitoring software ; called PV Keeper, MPP Solar also provides software which goes by a different name WatchPower.

So far I am not having much success with getting either software to connect to my Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM inverters. I can occasionally get PV Keeper to connect s but it crashes frequently; no luck getting WatchPower to connect. Anyone know if WatchPower works with Growatt?

Are there any other options available for these inverters or any words of advise on getting the software to work? So far very happy with the Growatt , but no so much the software...

My goal is to be able to remotely monitor my system when away.

Along similar lines has anyone have a program to communicate with Chargery BMS? From the manual I understand that you can access data via RS232 via a Hex dump, but that is beyond my skill set.

Read this thread. There is code for the Chargery 8s using a pi 4/zero and grafana.

Read this thread. There is code for the Chargery 8s using a pi 4/zero and grafana.

Thanks, was hoping for something that could work with a windows laptop.

Growatt has monitoring software ; called PV Keeper, MPP Solar also provides software which goes by a different name WatchPower.

So far I am not having much success with getting either software to connect to my Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM inverters. I can occasionally get PV Keeper to connect s but it crashes frequently; no luck getting WatchPower to connect. Anyone know if WatchPower works with Growatt?

Are there any other options available for these inverters or any words of advise on getting the software to work? So far very happy with the Growatt , but no so much the software...

My goal is to be able to remotely monitor my system when away.

Along similar lines has anyone have a program to communicate with Chargery BMS? From the manual I understand that you can access data via RS232 via a Hex dump, but that is beyond my skill set.
Hey I found a possible solution for the crashing after testing with a few laptops. Right click on the program and select "run as administrator",

Hey I found a possible solution for the crashing after testing with a few laptops. Right click on the program and select "run as administrator",
Thanks, will give that a try!

Just got my twin MPP 3048 split phase system hooked up to a Pi zero. Added cell monitoring with the new Chargery BMS16t.

View attachment 29903
To start, I love the name! I play that with my kids all the time when we're out camping and hiking! LOL

So you took the signals from your inverter and the Chargey and spliced them into the PI? You have alot of information on that screen!

Back