diy solar

diy solar

Monitoring sunsynk (deye) via intelless API

yoda42

Hi All

I have a 12KW Sunsynk (DEYE rebrand) inverter. The monitoring data is available at the inteless website (pv.inteless.com) I understand that the data can be interrogated from an API.

Has anyone managed to get this right ? Does anyone have any way of interogating the data through the wifi dongle

@yoda42 did you ever come right with this?
I reached out to the guys at SunSynk and they shared with me some API documentation, but it's not the clearest to me how it all works.

Attachments

• E-linter CSP Platform Open API Manual_V211004_sunsynk.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 355
Agreed.

I somehow got the API signing to work, but all I could get back was a 500/Internal server error response. I have since managed to get some monitoring done over RS485-USB cable. It’s probably a better solution anyway but a shame that it’s not clear how to integrate with their “open” API.

Yeah, I'm waiting for the Raspberry Pi suppliers to get stock, and then I'll also fo the RS485-USB route.

@yoda42 did you ever come right with this?
I reached out to the guys at SunSynk and they shared with me some API documentation, but it's not the clearest to me how it all works.
Hi, Thanks for sharing the API docs.

I was playing around with the idea of shutting down certain things like pool pump when there is loadshedding etc... Or simply switching the poolpump on only when there is good sunny weather conditions to allow heating panels to heat up the pool.

Anyway, in order for me to do this I had a look at how the web version of the inverter management app works in the background and noticed the API calls. So far got the basics to work from playing around, but will be creating an app or service that allows for webhooks to be called. Essentially allowing users to call commands on external smart devices that allow incoming http request

Hi, Thanks for sharing the API docs.

I was playing around with the idea of shutting down certain things like pool pump when there is loadshedding etc... Or simply switching the poolpump on only when there is good sunny weather conditions to allow heating panels to heat up the pool.

Anyway, in order for me to do this I had a look at how the web version of the inverter management app works in the background and noticed the API calls. So far got the basics to work from playing around, but will be creating an app or service that allows for webhooks to be called. Essentially allowing users to call commands on external smart devices that allow incoming http request
Please let us know when you are ready to share.

Hi Guys,

I have managed to get the API up and running now through a C# Library I am developing. I am building some of my own automations but can share the DLL if anyone is interested.

I am just wanting some simple things like Geyser Control and Pool Pump Control at specific times, battery percentages and solar output etc. I am also building in some Push Notifications using SIGNL4 which seems to be working quite well.

Let me know what you are looking for specifically Im, pretty keen to build up this library for others to use.

Hi,
I agree with Gandalf. The best way to get the data you're after is to monitor your interactions with the sunsynk portal via chrome dev tools (network tab) and replicate the API calls in something like Postman.

Andy

I created this simple Python API script which will help get the information using the API. Let me know if this helps or you are stuck.

Hi there, I have been looking for a way to use API to pull my SunSynk inverter data in to HOme Assistant. I came across this post and tried to run the command inside the terminal of Home Assistant. It cant find the file that I had coppied to the Home Assistant root folder. Im not very knowledgeable on python and terminal commands, please could someone tell me where on the Rpi with Home Assistant it is that I should copy the file :
1678174075222.png

If you are running home assistant, then I think this is by far the best option (https://github.com/kellerza/sunsynk)
You need an RS485 to ETH adaptor or raspberry pi and RS485-usb.

I am running three instances of this HA add-on to monitor my three Deye inverters and I'm able to get close to real-time data from the inverters and I'm able to control some of the settings.

I have completely unplugged my Solarman dongles now.

If you are running home assistant, then I think this is by far the best option (https://github.com/kellerza/sunsynk)
You need an RS485 to ETH adaptor or raspberry pi and RS485-usb.

I am running three instances of this HA add-on to monitor my three Deye inverters and I'm able to get close to real-time data from the inverters and I'm able to control some of the settings.

I have completely unplugged my Solarman dongles now.
But how do you adjust or change the inverter parameters? Monitoring them locally is great (which I do), but i want to adjust sell-back and SoC limits based in stuff like weather forecasts.

But how do you adjust or change the inverter parameters? Monitoring them locally is great (which I do), but i want to adjust sell-back and SoC limits based in stuff like weather forecasts.
It's possible with the Sunsynk add-on. Read in the documentation about rwsensors.
There's also a modbus document from Deye which publishes all the modbus registers. You can create custom sensors in the add-on to be able to read/write any of these that aren't already supported.

I noticed that the Plant ID changed in the new region so if you've got it hard coded you'll need to change that too.

Anyone else getting 502 errors today? Web portal also throwing error on desktop but the mobile app is updating correctly.

Last edited:
Back