diy solar

diy solar

More Amps from MPPT OSPController

flywire

DC -> DC -> DC Solar. With a single used solar panel, a few used batteries, and $40 in parts you can power your life, transportation and all. Add an ESP32 Arduino to a 95% efficient DC-DC buck converter controlled over serial and you get an internet-connected, privately hosted smart solar MPPT power system.

Using a Drok DKP6012 converting 10V-75V down to 0-60V at 12A/720W works well as a nice cheap fully functional system for a house solar panel to 48V battery.

I'd like suggestions for a cheap programable buck converter to swap out the Drok DKP6012 to feed a house panel into 12V at about 20A. I'm thinking a WZ5020L DC DC Buck Converter might be suitable.

Last edited:
I have been looking for a relatively inexpensive way to solar charge the Ryobi 18v batteries. Would this controller do that?

Yes but I think you would use it for more than that.
Yes, maybe so. But I might start there because i can't find anything to do the odd voltage. I looked through the documentation. This project probably resides at the periphery of my skill set. But I have built flying robots, so i can probably figure it out. Where is the best place to ask questions?

This project is basically assembling modules although the Drok power supply needs a hardware tweak (or use another power supply) and the voltage divider needs soldering. Fortunately, the voltage divider is only a few cents worth of resistors so you can practice as much as you like. Once it is assembled there is firmware to load.

Discuss on https://discord.gg/GtR3JShfGu

This project is basically assembling modules although the Drok power supply needs a hardware tweak (or use another power supply) and the voltage divider needs soldering. Fortunately, the voltage divider is only a few cents worth of resistors so you can practice as much as you like. Once it is assembled there is firmware to load.

Discuss on https://discord.gg/GtR3JShfGu

I can connect parts and solder. I'll have to look at it a little more after the holidays

Using a Drok DKP6012 converting 10V-75V down to 0-60V at 12A/720W works well as a nice cheap fully functional system for a house solar panel to 48V battery.

I'd like suggestions for a cheap programable buck converter to swap out the Drok DKP6012 to feed a house panel into 12V at about 20A. I'm thinking a WZ5020L DC DC Buck Converter might be suitable.
If 5A would be enough also check out the Wz5005e, very efficient with a lot of whistles!
Tested here

Back