diy solar

diy solar

More Class C upgrade questions

I try to do the same but when dealing with large gauge and short runs of cable that task becomes more difficult. I have also found that on some of the breakers if you slightly over tighten the mounting screws the plastic will fracture too. If you try to mount the breaker to an uneven en surface it will break every time.

The space for the install also impacts what one can do. Although in my photo of the final install one would think that there is plenty of room but that just is not the case. Things are tight.

This is one of those things that comes with experience. There are ways to layout the components to minimize cable runs. Unfortunately, minimizing cable runs isn't always a good thing when it comes to having to wrangle a cable onto a stud or into a terminal.

When I laid out my components in a CAD tool, I searched around to find how tight a curve 2/0 cable could make. I found nothing on that topic. Consequently, I was flying blind on my layout, putting components too close together for a gentle curve on the cable. Next time I'll do a better job. I swear I will.
shoot_self.gif

This is where one should have a story board that is identical to the space or Use the story board and then mount in the identified space. Like you say. Build everything out on the story board where there is working room to move around and move components to better locations. We all learn with experience. I hope.

Back