diy solar

diy solar

More DALY smart BMS issues

Here you go, I took pictures of waking up my 250 smart bms.

First picture is just fresh after hooking it up. not yet woke up.
20210403_095124.jpg

Then I short momentarily these 2 pins.
20210403_095522.jpg

Then I remeasure the voltage afterwards and it's now awake.
20210403_095402.jpg

Thanks, I did see that in another post and tried shorting the pins, but didn’t seem to make any difference, although I tried with a ’fan’ of wire. I could try a paper clip perhaps. All help would be appreciated. Not worth the cost of sending back. Maybe I’d buy a none smart one. Not much on the market much bigger than 120amp!

I assume you short with balance lead’s connected? Without any load attached

phil

Once every now and then I have to short out the B- and P-. I do it momentarily. A fraction of a second with a wire.
This has helped to "start" the BMS for me when nothing else will.
Hope this helps. :)

Uoavitsr
I did, with everything attached I shorted the lead with the little screwdriver you see in the pictu
I did, with everything attached I shorted the lead with the little screwdriver you see in the picture.

Fantastic! It worked! Fixed in seconds. Thanks so much. I connected my meter to both terminals to monitor and used a small screwdriver to bridge the pins worked immediately.

Once every now and then I have to short out the B- and P-. I do it momentarily. A fraction of a second with a wire.
This has helped to "start" the BMS for me when nothing else will.
Hope this helps. :)
How often do you have to re-wake it up? It’s not something my wife could do if I’m not about.

How often do you have to re-wake it up? It’s not something my wife could do if I’m not about.
I have had to do it maybe once every time I use it. However when I use it is only when charging my cells currently. I have 3 bad cells currently so things are wildly different for me.
So I charge the cells. Then turn everything off when I leave or go to sleep [I simply do not trust the bad cells]. And then when home I start it all up again. So in two or three days of this starting and stopping maybe 10 times I will have to "start" the BMS once or maybe twice.
It is super simple and nothing to be afraid of seriously.

With a wire just touch the B-. Then for a fraction of a second touch the P-. This starts the BMS. Give it a second and bingo the apps all light p. :)

If an old senior can do it then your wife can do it. :)

Use the search feature on the forum, besides pictures, I have also posted links to connectors and switch on Amazon. I suspect your wife could handle pushing a button.

https://diysolarforum.com/threads/daly-24v-8s-initiation-and-software.18644/post-229907

It's not actually woke up, there are 2 pins in a socket for the Daly SOC monitor that you have to short together to get it to wake up. I have the same BMS and it did the exact same thing until I shorted the 2 pins with a test lead.
What two pins are you talking about?

@Mountainlion

Then I short momentarily these 2 pins.
20210403_095522.jpg
these 2

What two pins are you talking about?
Which Daly BMS do you have?
12v "Smart" BMS:
Daly_USB_Reset.jpg

24v "Smart" BMS lightboard:
Daly_24v_lightboard_connector.jpg

Daly_24v_connector_BMS.jpg

For the 12v model, you can easily make a reset button:

For the 24v model:

Edit to add some additional information others have found:

New Bluetooth dongle with reset switch:

Current Connected has a webpage and video on the topic:

Last edited:
It's not actually woke up, there are 2 pins in a socket for the Daly SOC monitor that you have to short together to get it to wake up. I have the same BMS and it did the exact same thing until I shorted the 2 pins with a test lead. I'll dig mine
Delete please

Which Daly BMS do you have?
12v "Smart" BMS:
View attachment 43857

24v "Smart" BMS lightboard:
View attachment 43858

View attachment 43859

For the 12v model, you can easily make a reset button:

For the 24v model:
Thanks. The lead and button are in their way. I’ll mout on the battery box so the wife can access easily.

I have a Daly 8S 24V R32W-GA29.
I have not yet managed to start it. Tried with shorting B- and P-. And now I tried shorting the two pins (1 and 3). I assume that it is from the left you count. So first and third PIN from the left should be short?
I have a lightboard on the way from china but I can´t wait. I also tried with connecting the USB to UART cable to see if that could start things up. But NO. :-(

I always use the lightboard now. But since resetting the sleep timer I do not need it.
Once you have the bluetooth working on your phone. Under parameter settings is something called
"sleep waiting time"
Punch in the number 65535
then click "set"
The password [if needed] is
The S will appear on its own.
This will set the sleep time to forever on.

I have a Daly 8S 24V R32W-GA29.
I have not yet managed to start it. Tried with shorting B- and P-. And now I tried shorting the two pins (1 and 3). I assume that it is from the left you count. So first and third PIN from the left should be short?
I have a lightboard on the way from china but I can´t wait. I also tried with connecting the USB to UART cable to see if that could start things up. But NO. :-(
Sorry, that's counting from the right, so 6 and 8 counting from the left.
I gave some links to Amazon, so you can have a connector with wires in two days depending on where you live. You don't even need a switch, you can just short the bare wires.

My apologies, I had the connector flipped so I could use my meter on the contacts and didn't make that clear.

Last edited:
Sorry, that's counting from the right, so 6 and 8 counting from the left.
I gave some links to Amazon, so you can have a connector with wires in two days depending on where you live. You don't even need a switch, you can just short the bare wires.

My apologies, I had the connector flipped so I could use my meter on the contacts and didn't make that clear.
Thanks for clarifying.
So do they need to on permanent short between 6 and 8 for the BMS to start or just a quick short?
I tried with tiny screw-drivers but it did not work. I live in Sweden and Amazon is not so fast here :-(
When I measure from my most positive to my most negative i have 26,7V and when I measure from my most positive to P- i have 26,3V .
I have also measured all my balance leads and they show 3,33V all of them.

Back