diy solar

diy solar

More DALY smart BMS issues

Just wanted to say thank you. Shorting the pins worked. Was really not having a good day before i read this. Thought I had a defect BMS.

Since the "LightBoard" was on it´s way I decided to wait for it to arrive. And today it did.
So I plugged it in and pushed the button. Nothing. Nothing lights up on the board and nothing happens when I push the button on the lightboard. So when I measure all the 8 leads I get 3,33V and that is the same as when I measure each cell. When I measure from the most positive to the most negative on the battery I get 26,7V. When I measure from the most positive to P- (with B- connected to the most negative on the battery) I get 26,3V. So when measuring over the BMS I seem to lose 0,4V. What can be wrong? Is there anything more I can test or di different?
That .4v difference is more than likely a calibration issue between your MM and the BMS, i.e. not a problem. Just adjust for it when you set your parameters and you should be fine.

That .4v difference is more than likely a calibration issue between your MM and the BMS, i.e. not a problem. Just adjust for it when you set your parameters and you should be fine.
Thanks for your input. My biggest problem right now is that the BMS won’t start and Daly support is so sloooow. :-(

Thanks for your input. My biggest problem right now is that the BMS won’t start and Daly support is so sloooow. :-(
What I learned was it takes a smidgeon of charge to wake it up. I use my Benchtop power supply set for charging pack voltage. The second it senses the charge, I can open it in the app. One other thing, when you do get it awake; go into the settings and change the "Sleep" time. I think it's factory set at 3600 and it was recommended to me to change that to something like 65600 (I'm not home so I'm guessing here) and that solved the connection issue going forward.

What I learned was it takes a smidgeon of charge to wake it up. I use my Benchtop power supply set for charging pack voltage. The second it senses the charge, I can open it in the app. One other thing, when you do get it awake; go into the settings and change the "Sleep" time. I think it's factory set at 3600 and it was recommended to me to change that to something like 65600 (I'm not home so I'm guessing here) and that solved the connection issue going forward.
To 15300S

I have a 24V battery so I would then need a PowerSupply/Charger that can do 30V or so, right? I don’t have a charger. I borrowed one that coul charge 15V by 30A when top balancing. But I guess that a charger of 15V can not wake up a 24V battery? The instruction videos say that you should be able to wake up the BMS with the light board or with a charger. The light board does not work for me so I suspect that my BMS is broken.

I have a 24V battery so I would then need a PowerSupply/Charger that can do 30V or so, right? I don’t have a charger. I borrowed one that coul charge 15V by 30A when top balancing. But I guess that a charger of 15V can not wake up a 24V battery? The instruction videos say that you should be able to wake up the BMS with the light board or with a charger. The light board does not work for me so I suspect that my BMS is broken.
Get 28V charger!
Take a picture of your BMS. Is it's smart one? I recently had issue with my 60Amp 4S smart BMS. Double checked wiring no issues. Until I opened my diagram and checked wiring 3rd time and "BOOM" done.
So make sure you wiring is correct even if you so confident.
I found on different forums, guys plugged USB cable ( for computer hookup) plugged to power bank. This method worked for me. I had only 8V between P- and battery + .

Get 28V charger!
Take a picture of your BMS. Is it's smart one? I recently had issue with my 60Amp 4S smart BMS. Double checked wiring no issues. Until I opened my diagram and checked wiring 3rd time and "BOOM" done.
So make sure you wiring is correct even if you so confident.
I found on different forums, guys plugged USB cable ( for computer hookup) plugged to power bank. This method worked for me. I had only 8V between P- and battery + .
Yes, it’s a smart BMS. I have both PC and Bluetooth input cables. I have measured my balance leads so many times I have lost count. They all measure 3.3V. The power bank sounds interesting. If you find that forum thread please drop it here. And thanks again for your input and comments.

Attachments

• D2BB8B20-234A-4EFA-A728-191CF60BD18C.png
    D2BB8B20-234A-4EFA-A728-191CF60BD18C.png
    1 MB · Views: 37
Yes, it’s a smart BMS. I have both PC and Bluetooth input cables. I have measured my balance leads so many times I have lost count. They all measure 3.3V. The power bank sounds interesting. If you find that forum thread please drop it here. And thanks again for your input and comments.wirin from

Yes, it’s a smart BMS. I have both PC and Bluetooth input cables. I have measured my balance leads so many times I have lost count. They all measure 3.3V. The power bank sounds interesting. If you find that forum thread please drop it here. And thanks again for your input and comments.
I definitely won't find the thread. But you can try plugging in your bms in a power bank.
Again are you sure about your red wires from bms to the cells

I mentioned this all ready in post number 38.
Will repeat it here though. :)

I always use the lightboard now. But since resetting the sleep timer I do not need it.
Once you have the bluetooth working on your phone. Under parameter settings is something called
"sleep waiting time"
Punch in the number 65535
then click "set"
The password [if needed] is
The S will appear on its own.
This will set the sleep time to forever on.

I mentioned this all ready in post number 38.
Will repeat it here though. :)

I always use the lightboard now. But since resetting the sleep timer I do not need it.
Once you have the bluetooth working on your phone. Under parameter settings is something called
"sleep waiting time"
then click "set"
This is what I will try next (on Monday):
-Check the balance leads again so they are wired correctly
-Test to connect a Powerbank to the PC cable
It that does not work I will try to hock up the battery-pack including BMS to my MPPT that is connected to 1kw solar panels. Do you think the MPPT will sense the correct battery voltage and start?
When I connect the battery-pack + BMS to my 24V inverter it does not start.

This is what I will try next (on Monday):
-Check the balance leads again so they are wired correctly
-Test to connect a Powerbank to the PC cable
It that does not work I will try to hock up the battery-pack including BMS to my MPPT that is connected to 1kw solar panels. Do you think the MPPT will sense the correct battery voltage and start?
When I connect the battery-pack + BMS to my 24V inverter it does not start.
I don't know about MPPT's sorry.
I have never used one.
I use the Daly BMS with the super charged 280 Ah mobility scooter I have. :)

8s 24V LiFePO4 DALY problem 100A , with BT commont port R16A-GC05
i have 4 different DALY's but this new one has a problem. I connected OK and while measuring B+ and B- = 26,7V , B+ and P- = 26,3V !!!! and it doesnt kick in the inverter. When I connect the inverter cables, it drops to 3,4V. any idea? should I open dispute in AliExpress??

Once every now and then I have to short out the B- and P-. I do it momentarily. A fraction of a second with a wire.
This has helped to "start" the BMS for me when nothing else will.
Hope this helps. :)
Hi, I have a dumb daly bms, It doesn't seem to want to activate. I wired in a keyless socket and a 110 bulb to the pack. When I touch the B- and P- I get the BMS activated, but it won't stay on, any thoughts?

Have you changed the sleep time on the app on your phone?

Like I said above and repeat here for your convienience.

"sleep waiting time"
then click "set"

Try it and see if that helps. :)

Have you changed the sleep time on the app on your phone?

Like I said above and repeat here for your convienience.

"sleep waiting time"
then click "set"

Try it and see if that helps. :)
Hi, I guess I posted in the wrong area, the BMS has no communication, sorry.

8s 24V LiFePO4 DALY problem 100A , with BT commont port R16A-GC05
i have 4 different DALY's but this new one has a problem. I connected OK and while measuring B+ and B- = 26,7V , B+ and P- = 26,3V !!!! and it doesnt kick in the inverter. When I connect the inverter cables, it drops to 3,4V. any idea? should I open dispute in AliExpress??
Hi, this is the same issue as I have. I have been in contact with daly support and they say that it its necessary to connect the BMS + battery pack to a charger to activate/wake up the BMS. I don´t have a 24-30V charger but I will try to connect the pack-BMS to my solara-arry/MPPT this weekend to see if that can jump-start the BMS.

Hi, this is the same issue as I have. I have been in contact with daly support and they say that it its necessary to connect the BMS + battery pack to a charger to activate/wake up the BMS. I don´t have a 24-30V charger but I will try to connect the pack-BMS to my solara-arry/MPPT this weekend to see if that can jump-start the BMS.
Don't forget that the sense wires need to be attached as well for it to turn on.

Hopefully someone has some advice. I purchased a 100amp 4s daly smart bms from "srikobatteries" on ebay. My cells finally arrived after nearly 2 months, got it all hooked up and it is charging through the BMS without issue however i can not get the bluetooth or PC to communicate. In the smart BMS app on my iphone the bluetooth dongle never pops up to be selected. I download both the PCMaster and Sinowealth software, got the usb to UART adapter to connect to my laptop neither program is able to display any information from the BMS. It seems as if the UART port on the BMS is dead. Is this just another case of shitty china quality? Anyone dealt with this vendor off ebay? I have an email in with them but no replay yet.

Thank you to anyone with some information!
Hi Solar Mann - My PCMaster version 1.1.5 works using the CAN bus - instructions are bad, but for me i 1st clicked the [English] button next to refresh, then [CommSet] which opened up a pop up window "Serial Port Set" clicked "open port", but that did not work.
Then i spotted the [>>] button that looked like it was greyed out, but that work and took me to a pop up wndow called "CANSet" with 4 windows entries which were pre filled adn that worked for me using CAN of course.
Daly then sent me an email with the links to download their latest software 1.2.5 which is all in Chinese and a failure - nothing displays usnig that version for me. I told them its not in English, but no joy.
Hope that helps a little.

The WiFI dongle - download the software from Google Shop, sounds like you got that far anyway - to get the pairing done you also need to have the phone set to accept GPS !! as the Dongle has to transmit your position!!?. We had that knocked off because we dont wont to be tracked.
Once we figured that out - it worked, but for us it was a privacy issue so we ditched the dongle idea. Why the heck do they wont to see where your gear is ?? Hummmm. Chinese spys.

Attachments

• PCMaster Image1 clicking Com Set button top right.jpg
    PCMaster Image1 clicking Com Set button top right.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 22
  • PCMaster Image2.jpg
    PCMaster Image2.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 22
  • PCMaster Image3 Page opens.jpg
    PCMaster Image3 Page opens.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 22
Back