diy solar

diy solar

Most Economical Grid Tie Inverters for a 20kW system?? Help, please!!!

RevMikeB

What is the least expensive single-phase, grid-tie inverters that can work together in parallel for a 20kW system without any need for batteries? The inverters are for a system in North Carolina and need to be compliant with all of the following: UL 1741; IEEE Standard 929; IEEE Standard 1547; IEEE Standard 1547.1. I'm told my locality requires that all REGS installations shall be made in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NFPA 70). Specific compliance with Article 690 and Article 705 is required. I need both a compliant and inexpensive 20kW Grid Tie Inverter setup. Any help would really be appreciated.

Last edited:
Depends on what you call inexpensive. Check out outback power radian inverter/ charger.

4 channel micro inverters are pretty cost effective. String inverters might be cheaper but if you have them on a building you need auto rapid shutdown which causes the need for panel level electronics or some sort of a remote- auto-disconnect right at the panel location.

What is the least expensive single-phase, grid-tie inverters that can work together in parallel for a 20kW system without any need for batteries? The inverters are for a system in North Carolina and need to be compliant with all of the following: UL 1741; IEEE Standard 929; IEEE Standard 1547; IEEE Standard 1547.1. I'm told my locality requires that all REGS installations shall be made in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NFPA 70). Specific compliance with Article 690 and Article 705 is required. I need both a compliant and inexpensive 20kW Grid Tie Inverter setup. Any help would really be appreciated.
What did you end up going with?

Back