diy solar

diy solar

mounting panels to Class C RV

Mash

My Class C RV has a fiberglass roof. I have 4 Renogy 100W panels that I will want to install. I am looking for the best method of installation. I do not want to drill any holes into the roof. I saw this install video and was wondering what people thought of it.
. Instead of the sicoflex going to the roof, with the 3M tape work or is that too risky? My worry is that at some point in time I may need to replace the panels with a different panel that would be a different size.

My preference is to secure the mounting brackets (or whatever mounting system you use) into the roof truss. If you adhere a mounting bracket only to the fiberglass without any other attachments, there is the potential for the panel to lift the fiberglass. At the very least, you can have vibration from the panel putting stress on the fiberglass.

My Class C RV has a fiberglass roof. I have 4 Renogy 100W panels that I will want to install. I am looking for the best method of installation. I do not want to drill any holes into the roof. I saw this install video and was wondering what people thought of it.
. Instead of the sicoflex going to the roof, with the 3M tape work or is that too risky? My worry is that at some point in time I may need to replace the panels with a different panel that would be a different size.
We had a Casita which is fiberglass also...I would not feel comfortable with just 3m tape.. It was hard for me to drill holes in a perfectly good roof but I did and went overboard using 3m 5200 caulk/ adhesive and ss bolts with fender washers on inside of the ceiling. so far no leaks? That said I no longer have that trailer but have mounted the panels using the same method on a roof with only a 1/4" of wood sandwiched between 5" of foam... Knock on wood no leaks yet ?

Back