diy solar

diy solar

Moving house load circuits to switchable inverter output feed

Sverige

A Brit in Sweden
I’d like to make use of my off grid inverter (220-240V single phase AC) to power some circuits in my house on a switchable basis, ie. only switched on once in a while when I have enough accumulated solar power in battery. The rest of the time these circuits will run mains from the standard domestic supply.

So I understand I need to move the circuits to a separate sub panel and switch the supply to that panel between utility mains and inverter output in a safe way (break before make). Ideally I would do this with a simple mechanical switch, as I don’t need remote control or automatic failover switching and then there is no power drain from relays being held closed, etc. I didn’t yet find a good mechanical switchover option, but see a number of inexpensive automatic switchers such as this one.

What should I be thinking of before undertaking a change like this, and do you think the product in the link can be trusted? Have added some pics taken from an eBay listing for the same Htronic / solartronics MPC1000

41BE4AE7-4194-48E0-BCEA-CD6306BC810A.pngE5CB4D30-02B8-4ED7-990C-8D08B99F3C96.png

This is what I am using, the switch is part of the subpanel. This for split phase but I would think they have something similar for EU.

This is what I am using, the switch is part of the subpanel. This for split phase but I would think they have something similar for EU.
Thanks, looks like a neat solution with interlock breaker and panel combined in one. I’ll look on the Schneider electric website over here to see what’s available. I‘ve heard of their brand and have a feel ping they’re a German company, so I’m sure they have a wide range here,

Back