diy solar

diy solar

Moving to the Cape Verde Islands

cvnapster

Hey I need a little advice here please. I will be moving to the Cape Verde Islands and I would like to set up a solar system on my house to run all the 110v things like TV, Iron, Coffee maker and a few more thing and this is what I am going to buy. So please let me know if there's anything I should get or change up. 4 100w solar panels. 8 280ah cell battery=560AH a Victron 100/30 w-Bluetooth, a Daly 4s 12v 120a BMS, a 12v Xantrex Prowatt SW2000 Pure sine. Fuse , breaker, relay, copper bus bars, and wires. Please any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Napoleon

I will be moving to the Cape Verde Islands
They uses the same standards as Portugal, 220 ac at 50 Hz, so appliances purchased locally will be to this standard. This will have implications with regard to the inverter and any ac powered charger.

Mike

Yes they do use 220 ac at 60Hz but my house already has a 3000 watt inverter that changes the 220 ac to 110 ac and all the rooms in my house has both plugs for 110 ac and 220 ac for all my appliances from the U.S. I have more appliances plugged into the 110 ac then I have on the 220 ac. All i want to do is cut my electric bill in half. Hey Mike Thanx for your reply I just want to make sure that I have everything that I need to make this work because I just cant hop in my car and run to a store and find the things I need. So this is a one shot deal to get everything right the first time or I will have to wait until I return to the U.S to get my missing parts. So does everything that I want to buy look good?? Or should I use the Daly 4s 12v 200a BMS??

Napoleon

Last edited:
Back