diy solar

diy solar

MPP 1012LV won't charge above 13.7V

pjschae

This is my first system. Guessing I have some setting wrong. I have the 1012 connected to four paralleled Valence u1-12rt with internal BMS. I don't have solar connected at the moment so I am just charging off utility. I used Will's settings. Bulk 14.4V Float 14.6V per the Valence manual but it stops charging at 13.7V. Charger source priority is set to Utility first. Any thoughts? Other info needed?

This is my first system. Guessing I have some setting wrong. I have the 1012 connected to four paralleled Valence u1-12rt with internal BMS. I don't have solar connected at the moment so I am just charging off utility. I used Will's settings. Bulk 14.4V Float 14.6V per the Valence manual but it stops charging at 13.7V. Charger source priority is set to Utility first. Any thoughts? Other info needed?
Float should not be higher than Bulk. Do you mean 13.6V? Do you have dc Clamp on meter to check the current flow? What is the DC Voltage reading when measure right at the Batteries Terminals?

Charge Voltage (Bulk) 14.6 V
Float 13.8 V

Per Valence.

Okay - had it all backwards and then some. I'll set the bulk to 14.6 and the float to 13.8 and see what happens.
Thanks!

Back