diy solar

diy solar

MPP 24v inverter fuse keeps blowing

jbhudetz

About every 2 months I'm replacing the bolt-on fuse in the 8 month old system. Seems to happen on overcast days. I have 4-100 watt panels and 2-12 volt Battleborns. I followed Will's installation instructions but can't determine the problem. Any ideas?

Where is the fuse located, solar panel terminal, battery terminal? What's the inverter model? What loads do you have on it when the fuse blows? What is the rating of the fuse? Is it an ebay cheapie or a reputable brand fuse purchased from a reputable seller?

Last edited:
The 125 amp fuse is inside the inverter (MPP SOLAR 24 v). I'm not watching when it blows-could be middle of night for all I know. It's a quality fuse.

OK, when you can report back some observations about what is going on when the fuse blows someone may be able to give you some useful advice.

Good luck with that attitude, you should go far in life with it.

I'm 73 and worth a lot and wrote my own paycheck all my life. You don't sound like anyone I would have a beer with.

That was after you replied "you're an idiot". We are all here to help each other. With the problem you are having and the information you provided I don't know how anyone could diagnose it. And when you reply to someone who is willing to help you in the manner you chose, hardly anyone will be willing to help you. At this point I can only suggest you contact MPP. Maybe they can help you.

Back