diy solar

diy solar

MPP LV-MK

Cabinfever

In researching MPP LV-MK Hybrid models I saw this notice on their website. It looks, the MK 1-3 KW models and the 5048's are not recommended to use with generators. Can anyone confirm? I have a Honda EU-2200 inverter generator.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220601-222047_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220601-222047_Samsung Internet.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 6
You just need to use one of the newer inverter type generators rather than the old governor types. The older governor types would get hunt-y and the frequency would vary back and forth, and then the AIO's lose sync and get angry.

MK 1-3 KW models and the 5048's are not recommended to use with generators
There are many who do use generators with these. Most successful are the ‘inverter’ types prior mentioned.

You could attempt to rent a few generators you’d consider purchasing and try them. In that way you’ll know before laying out $500 or $2500 or whatever.

Also be aware that if you use a split phase AIO it requires your "grid" input (be it grid or generator or hamster wheel) to be split phase as well. You can't charge a split-phase 240v inverter with a single-phase 120v generator.

The AIMS 3200 with 'two wire electric start' works well with the Aims inverters however the THD
should be less than 5% - AIMS state that it is less than 10% - no test data. I will take a chance
that it will work with the 3048LV-MK as this newer model is a bit more tolerant than former MPP
models due to the stated zero ms response time.

I am working on a filter module to go at the output of common generators that will 'smooth' the sine-wave.

I will let you know when I receive the Aims inverter 3200 gen-set - price this week is $909.00

Back