diy solar

diy solar

mpp lv6548 ground/flicker issues

yellowjeep2850

well first time build here , my setup is two mpplv6548's with 4 sok 48v rack batteries and solar panels . My main service panel is at the road with two branches protected by breakers this panel has the n/g bond , my homes main panel is a sub panel of course with no n/g bond , I have a generator lockout and backed a breaker to supply power to panel I've also ran an egc to all metal enclosures , I removed a ground screw from one inverter only ...
The system seems to run fine except I'm having issues with lights fluttering for about 5 to 10 seconds randomly 3 to 4 times through the night I've read up on others flickering problems and tried changing my dimmer to a mechanical switch and to no avail , so then what I did was swap the conductors at the sub panel breaker and the lights no longer flutter ... the fluttering comes from the inverter with ground screw still attached .
so my dilemma is what do I do about the inverter that caused the fluttering ?
mpp solar is useless they want me to run out to the garage to look at voltage readings during the fluttering episodes , I'm close to 70 and it takes me longer to get my ass out of the chair than the fluttering episode . So as always i turn to this forum for anyone's good advice , and thanx for the read and input
cheers

Last edited:
Back