diy solar

diy solar

MPP LV6548 Transfer Switch Time

Lt.Dan

Solar Wizard
Hey guys, I have 2x LV6548's wired in Split Phase making 240v, which for me is powering my RV that I live in. I also have a GPU crypto miner that is powered by them, and I use the miner to heat my trailer, and make some extra money... What I'm making this thread for, is I have a problem with about 50% of the time, when the LV6548's transfer from Grid->Battery or Battery->Grid, it makes my GPU Miner restart. Nothing else on the inverter power shows any signs on interruption.

Is there something I can look at as to what could be causing this? The miner draws right at 2400w at 240v, and I'm even using 3x 1400w Server Power Supplies, so its not like I'm over taxing the PSU's either.

The manual for the LV6548 states that when wired in parallel the max transfer time is 50ms. Is the transfer time just too long and makes the miner reboot? Or could it be something else?

Anything over 4ms will show up as a slight glitch but it won't typically be a noticeable issue until you get to 8ms and at approx 16ms you will have a glitch if the equipment does not have enough capacitance to keep going.

So this is just a limitation of the hardware? Thats unfortunate. Is there any other piece of hardware, like a UPS that can carry that load for the 20-30ms?

So this is just a limitation of the hardware? Thats unfortunate. Is there any other piece of hardware, like a UPS that can carry that load for the 20-30ms?

If you can find one capable of 240VAC and 2400W, yes.

EXAMPLE (have no idea if it will work for you):

Yeah any UPS that I find that could support that is more expensive than just putting the miner on the grid and paying the electric bill ?

Back