diy solar

diy solar

MPP LV6548

I totally agree with the BMS comment and NO fan. Point of failure to me as well.
The 500A smart shunt is fantastic to use in cooperation with the JK balancer for monitoring and yes I use it for SOC and other important data. With my charge/discharge parameters on the MPP's (50v-56v) I get about 250ah out of 272 rated and I'm happy with that! The smart shunt will tell you that data. The only thing that sucks about it is the bluetooth in my opinion. The range is horrible compared to the range with the JK balancer bluetooth.
I am also working on some upgrades (as Sanwizard is) with the raspberry pi to graph everything and it won't matter then. Not so sure I can accomplish the programming lol, but we'll see.
Good luck with your build! It's pretty cool to see what these Lifepo4 batteries can do! You are in the right place with this forum, plenty of help here with very knowledgeable people.
After many hours of trying to troubleshoot why my Raspberry Pi was not communicating with my Inverters, I broke down and paid the $55 dollars and bought the Solar-assistant.IO software. Instant satisfaction. I also purchased the Victron shunt ve bus to usb cable they sell, and now I can monitor SOC and just about all the parameters on my Inverters. The logging is awesome!
I highly recommend that solution. You can even buy a preloaded Raspberry Pi from them! Plug and play.
I am using the JDB/Heltec 200amp/2amp active balance smart BMS with bluetooth. I agree with Dan that the bluetooth sucks, but they work great with my Prismatic cells. My cell delta stays at a consistent .008mv.
I am about to add an additional 14KW of battery to the system, so the SOC becomes more important across banks. I am hoping to find a way to have the Victron shunt communicate SOC status to the Inverters, but have not found a solution yet. The solar assistant software shows status, but I want the inverters to also be able to get that info.
I believe I can buy a Seplos BMS for each bank, which can emulate Pylontech, but I already have $800 worth of Heltec BMS's.
Direct comms between the Inverters and my BMS would be perfect. I asked Ian at Watts247 to check on futures on that front.

After many hours of trying to troubleshoot why my Raspberry Pi was not communicating with my Inverters, I broke down and paid the $55 dollars and bought the Solar-assistant.IO software. Instant satisfaction. I also purchased the Victron shunt ve bus to usb cable they sell, and now I can monitor SOC and just about all the parameters on my Inverters. The logging is awesome!
I highly recommend that solution. You can even buy a preloaded Raspberry Pi from them! Plug and play.
I am using the JDB/Heltec 200amp/2amp active balance smart BMS with bluetooth. I agree with Dan that the bluetooth sucks, but they work great with my Prismatic cells. My cell delta stays at a consistent .008mv.
I am about to add an additional 14KW of battery to the system, so the SOC becomes more important across banks. I am hoping to find a way to have the Victron shunt communicate SOC status to the Inverters, but have not found a solution yet. The solar assistant software shows status, but I want the inverters to also be able to get that info.
I believe I can buy a Seplos BMS for each bank, which can emulate Pylontech, but I already have $800 worth of Heltec BMS's.
Direct comms between the Inverters and my BMS would be perfect. I asked Ian at Watts247 to check on futures on that front.
Solar Assistant is worth every penny to me. After exploring each tab more, I've found you can even change some of the important settings! I almost never even open up the WatchPower App anymore.

I'm going to look into the Seplos BMS more, its not a bad price for a 200a 48v bms, but in their list of compatible inveters, MPP Solar is not there.

Solar Assistant is worth every penny to me. After exploring each tab more, I've found you can even change some of the important settings! I almost never even open up the WatchPower App anymore.

I'm going to look into the Seplos BMS more, its not a bad price for a 200a 48v bms, but in their list of compatible inveters, MPP Solar is not there.
True, but I saw somewhere that they can emulate Pylontech, so it works under that setting. I may buy one to find out. If so, I will have a few HELTEC 200AMP BMS's for sale.....

I believe @houseofancients made it work with the Voltronic inverters using a raspberry pi to be the translator. But not exactly the same as MPP.

I've messaged them about it, we'll see what they come back with.

If you figure it out, ill be placing an order right away.

I believe @houseofancients made it work with the Voltronic inverters using a raspberry pi to be the translator. But not exactly the same as MPP.

I've messaged them about it, we'll see what they come back with.

If you figure it out, ill be placing an order right away.
Just talking to them tonight. They say their BMS emulates the Pylontech protocol, which the MPP uses directly. I should be able to hook it up direct. I am ordering their BMS to test.

Just talking to them tonight. They say their BMS emulates the Pylontech protocol, which the MPP uses directly. I should be able to hook it up direct. I am ordering their BMS to test.
If possible, as it shows minimum order of 175 units on their site.

If possible, as it shows minimum order of 175 units on their site.
Am I looking at this wrong: $215 moq:1 ?

Attachments

• 6E9FAC42-FF1C-4FE7-8EBB-48557858A39E.jpeg
    6E9FAC42-FF1C-4FE7-8EBB-48557858A39E.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 13
Am I looking at this wrong: $215 moq:1 ?
Ah, maybe I read that wrong! That was probably how many they have available! MQ1 is goodness

I’m guessing that MOQ is minimum order quantity?
Ok, I just put in an order for 2 of the 200 amp BMS, and four of the Mason Kits.
Adam Han was the rep on Alibaba Chat for Seplos. He confirmed that their 100amp and 200amp BMS's emulate the Pylontech protocol, so it should work.

it does not appear the lv6548 is grid-tie capable...looks like an off-grid battery based inverter

Back