diy solar

diy solar

MPP Monitoring Software show and tell. What are you using Watchpower or something else.

Great find, anyone on the forum tried this software yet?
Conted them several days ago went to order, found they were in Limpopo south africa, any ways they were not set up to sell the equipment to the USA in checkout, they were out of stock they said, they recommended getting the Raspberry pi here, and getting the software from them as a download. Still learning about the Pi, so I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I have had the ICCSoftware monitoring on a mpp lv2424-MSD and was very happy with it... I ran into problems with the MPP and bought a Growatt. I currently have the Growatt in service and ICCSoftware support has been trying to get their software to work with the Growatt. So far they haven't had much success... I have the monitoring accessory for the Growatt.... it might prove useful for someone who just wants to look at status remotely but I got spoiled with the ICCSoftware's ability to make so many changes remotely.

I currently have plans for the holidays to take out the Growatt and put back in the MPPSolar unit. Nothing really wrong with the Growatt... it works just fine but it doesn't really let me play with it. I guess I am a control freak and like the added capabilities the ICCSoftware gives me over my MPP2424-MSD unit. It may be I don't really know what I am doing, but I like switching the charger source priorities, and output priorities.... trying to balance between using as much of the PV harvesting I can versus having full charge on my batteries when my power gets a bit iffy...

For those with sharp eyes.. you may note that they don't support the MPP LV2424-msd... but I found that if you set it for the LV5048, it works just fine for me.

I'm not using it yet (still waiting on batteries for my system), but this one looks pretty good:

My idea is to log the data using MQTT to a Kotori server:

SolPipLog isn't really what I want; I'm not at all interested in the monitoring software having a GUI--I just want it to read data over the wire and send it to the database. But SolPipLog will do that, apparently.

You won't. The software is total garbage. It's only good for real time monitoring. I've found when it flips to the next month it doesn't correctly retaint the prior months daily or summary data. I've also found that when running units in parallel (2 lv2424's) you can see both units and see power generation of both at that moment. However, you are limited to being only able to see one unit's totals for the day month and year. No way to see a summary of both units power generation, and as a said above, unless I write it down on the last day of the month it disappears the next day. I've contacted Ian and MPP looking for help. MPP asked me to upgrade the version of the software which I did to no effect. They then asked me to zip up contents of the data folder and send it to them which I did and now they've gone dark And no longer reply to emails.
update to this - I'm running two units in split phase - I was connecting to Master unit for monitoring. I'd see both units but only the complete data for the master - I'd assume that this should have worked well. I recently connected to the second inverter as well so I now have two USB cables going. I now see 4 units in the software - 2 of each serial number. However now I'm seeing ALL of the data for both units as well as historical for both.

Don't know anything about Rasberry PI's, but found this site a couple of months ago claiming compatibility: https://iccsoftware.co.za/ going to look harder at it later when I get the system more on line. the also claim cloud, and phone, and web intigration.
I've used many different solar monitoring solutions including ICC. I would recommend solar assistant. Works great from android/iphone too.

1617928055690.png

1617927984504.png
1617928020748.png

SolPipLog isn't really what I want; I'm not at all interested in the monitoring software having a GUI
So I ended up not using SolPipLog; it doesn't support the protocol of my inverter, and it will only run on a Raspberry Pi (despite supposedly being open-source software, the developer doesn't release the source code). Instead, I'm using mpp-solar:

It does support my inverter, and it's now logging nicely to my Kotori instance:
1617928300192.png

Back