diy solar

diy solar

MPP Owners - What Is Your Idle Power Consumption?

bobdelso

I want to use a lv2424 to run some large loads in my RV. I've read the idle power consumption is 25 watts in power saving mode.

But what is the power consumption if you turn the inverter off and just use it as an MPPT/ATS? Is that possible?

Yes you can turn the inverter off. I only turn mine on when I'm using it as it's idle is almost an amp. With the inverter off I think I'm right around 12 watts. But I can verify that in the morning when they kick on but I'm not getting any production.

So this morning with both lv2424's on but not producing and the inverters off I have a 25watt consumption measured at my smart shunt. So it looks like 12.5 without the inverter on

So this morning with both lv2424's on but not producing and the inverters off I have a 25watt consumption measured at my smart shunt. So it looks like 12.5 without the inverter on
Thank you for doing that!

I believe mine is in the 40-60W range for LV2424 with the inverter on.. not sure with it off, sorry

My hybrid (green version) LV2424 uses about 1.2kw each day. Right now it is really only powering itself most days, so the usage is not an issue.

Back