diy solar

diy solar

MPP PIP-1012LV-MS USB communication protocol?

j3rk

©¿©¬
Hi everyone,

I've been running my 1012LV for a few months now, and the WatchPower app is ok at giving me information, as long as my computer is on and I'm sitting at it. I'd like to instead plug the USB cable into one of my raspberry pi systems and aggregate the data from the inverter into a database so I can build my own web interface that would be accessible from the computer, phone, etc. Has anyone got any of the apps to work with this model of inverter? I tried this one from github after doing some searching, but I couldn't get it to provide any data. If there aren't any pre-built applications, does anyone have any links to documentation on the protocol? I'm not opposed to getting my hands dirty and write code, even if it involves bit banging to pull the data out.

Thanks!

The issue that I personally had with the usb comming from my MPP Solar PIP 11kW inverter is that in Linux the usb port is not recognized as a usb to serial converter and instead it is loaded as a HID device, both on a linux laptop and two RPis (3B and 4 models). The shortest solution that I found was to buy a serial to usb coverter with a DB9 connector and use the serial port instead of the usb. If you plan to dig in, there is some configuration/modifications that you will need to apply to the device driver in order to work as expected.
Yours,
Daaz

Back