diy solar

diy solar

MPP PIP (5048GK / MGX or MAX) Do they feed the Grid or not (or just a little bit) ?

Paraterra

Hi
I'm planning my own system in a rural developing country location. I grid available and I would like to use it for load and battery charging when Solar is not enough. But I DON'T want to feedback to the grid at all.
My understanding was that the MMP PIP models (I'm interested in 5048GK, MGX or 7240/8048-MAX) do not feed back to the grid.

But I stumbled upon this thread https://powerforum.co.za/topic/7733...48max-or-mpi-10kw/?tab=comments#comment-88689 and it confuses me.

Could anyone clarify please ?

According to the manufacturer and from what I've seen of the design, it should not feed the grid. Having said that, I just had a visit from my power company claiming they detected a reverse flow (grid feed) from my meter. Trying to figure out if they really did detect something or if they just saw panels on my roof without an interconnect permit and assumed... (I have a PIP-5048GK)

Last edited:
Se
According to the manufacturer and from what I've seen of the design, it should not feed the grid. Having said that, I just had a visit from my power company claiming they detected a reverse flow (grid feed) from my meter. Trying to figure out if they really did detect something or if they just saw panels on my roof without an interconnect permit and assumed... (I have a PIP-5048GK)
several post I found on other forums indicate that the high PV voltage models (>400V) of MMP PIP converters do under certain circumstance feed back into the grid. As far as I understand when the AC OUT side load for whatever reason drops suddenly, some burst are fed back.
Based on that I decided to go with the PIP-5048MK.

Back