diy solar

diy solar

MPP Solar All in one remote monitoring

Communication protocol changed for LV2424. You may try these to see if they work for you:

Hi Silgen
Thanks for your reply. This is way too elevated for me.... How do you connect RS232 to Arduino except with Softserial maybe?
I don't know, I thought I wasn't so much of a n00b, now I feel lost :'-(

The Pi script setup looks great, hope someone can make it work with the LV2424!.

Meanwhile we can just run the MPP solar software in the RPI, and if want to access from the outside just place a little openvpn server in the Pi itself.

Meanwhile we can just run the MPP solar software in the RPI,

you mean the one that comes with the inverter?

Meanwhile we can just run the MPP solar software in the RPI,

you mean the one that comes with the inverter?
Sorry forgot your question!

Yeah that was my plan, as there is a linux version for the software "Solar Power". Howemever i haven't been able to run it on the PI, since its a different architecture (ARM i think?). Not sure if its doable... worst case scenario i just buy a simillar X86 miniPC and run a compact linux dist.

Hi
Has anyone looked at the option of connecting directly to the BMS via 232 or 485? There are BMS systems that allow direct connection. Might be easier. This BMS allows direct connection. The new version of the Bluetooth app will also allow data logging directly from the BMS
AU $10.17 11% Off | smart 4S cells 12V 120A 1000A Lifepo4 li-ion Lithium battery protection board W balance High Current BMS Bluetooth APP GPRS Modu

I bought a $40 laptop from craigslist for this purpose. Plugged into LV2424 with USB cable. Installed TightVNC on it. And remote from all my other computers. I love it!

BTW, I got TeamViewer to work, but had too many issues with it. Had issues with RealVNC. TightVNC was the winner!

View attachment 9730
How did you get your monitoring software (WatchPower? shown here?) to collect data over time and then to show information in graph form?

I can only see realtime and when I open up the data/chart tab - nothin.

How did you get your monitoring software (WatchPower? shown here?) to collect data over time and then to show information in graph form?

I can only see realtime and when I open up the data/chart tab - nothin.
IDK. It just always has. Here is my version:

1614495908011.png

Hi Guys

SolarAssistant is by far the best monitoring I have found for MPP Solar inverters. Unfortunately not free but pretty cheap:

I bought a $40 laptop from craigslist for this purpose. Plugged into LV2424 with USB cable. Installed TightVNC on it. And remote from all my other computers. I love it!

BTW, I got TeamViewer to work, but had too many issues with it. Had issues with RealVNC. TightVNC was the winner!
How did you configure your TightVNC connection? I have my laptop connected to the LV242....

Back