diy solar

diy solar

MPP Solar Controller Selection Help.

David Lopez

Hello,
My name is Dave and my desire if to pick up both 110 V sides of the Travel Trailers “Load Center” (picture and Schematic attached below) and to use two (2) 170 Ah Batteries (From Bigbattery.com) in series to get 24 Volts. I was thinking the right unit would be the LV2424. Do I need one or two of them to get both legs of my load center? My plan is to start with 500 Watts of Solar and add more when I can. I also want to be able to plug the campers 50 amp 2 pole plug into the outlet and automatically transfer the loads from the batteries to the controller. Can you provide some direction?

1.jpg

2.jpg

My desire if to pick up both 110 V sides of the Travel Trailers “Load Center” (picture and Schematic attached) and to use two (2) 170 Ah Batteries (From Bigbattery.com) in series to get 24 Volts. I was thinking the right unit would be the LV2424. Do I need one or two of them to get both legs of my load center? My plan is to start with 500 Watts of Solar and add more when I can. I also want to be able to plug the campers 50 amp 2 pole plug into the outlet and automatically transfer the loads from the batteries to the controller. Can you provide some direction?

Back