diy solar

diy solar

MPP Solar Inc PIP1012LV-MS problems

Huntfun

I am new to solar and the solar community. After watching Wills videos on all-in-ones, I decided to go this route for my enclosed trailer and ordered an MMP model PIP1012LV-MS. It took a while to get the unit and I finally got the time to install it a few weeks ago. I run two 100A Battle Born heated batteries in parallel with it. I am able to charge the BB batteries through the unit from home power. My issues now that I have it all wired, whenever I turn a light on it blows a fuse. I double check wiring and it is correct. I have tried 5, 10, 15 and 20 fuses and they all blow. Everything works fine when I connect the light wires directly to a small lithium battery. Something is happening when it goes through MMP unit.

I reached out to MMP via their website for help, outlining the above, and they requested a pictures of the sticker that shows model #, etc. So I sent them one but they say they picture did not get to them so they sent me a link to send photo, which I did, and they say they still did not go it. So, I sent them the model number and the number under the barcode, which I'm guessing is the serial #. Now that they have this info they want me to take the cover off the unit and send picture of all sides of the inside to see if there is any visible damage. Interesting request given they are not getting my pictures.

I am starting to get a little frustrated with MMP because I am questioning what they will be able to see in a picture if the issues does not stand out like a sore thumb. More importantly, what will they do if there is no visible issue.

Anyone got any advise for me on what I may have done wrong? Suggestions on ways to check to see if it is in fact the unit itself?

The PIP output is 120VAC. You must use bulbs for 120VAC.

If you're using DC bulbs, which it seems like you are since the light works when directly connected to the Battleborn, they will blow.

Sunshine-eggo thanks for the input. I bought a 12v all in one so I could use 12v lights, etc. I have all 12v lights installed and it was a lot of work so I'd like to sue them. Is there a way to do this with the unit I have?

Sunshine-eggo thanks for the input. I bought a 12v all in one so I could use 12v lights, etc. I have all 12v lights installed and it was a lot of work so I'd like to sue them. Is there a way to do this with the unit I have?
Instead of “I'd like to sue them”
Did you mean you’d like to USE them?
Freudian slip?
Words matter. Letters in proper order matter. poofreedin madders to.

hopefully the inverter is correctly installed. I have a bad feeling that it is not, taken into consideration tad you do not know the purpose of a inverter
please stay of of electronics

Your PIP does two things:

1) invert 12VDC to 120VAC output
2) Charge battery/power 120VAC loads with solar

The PIP has nothing to do with providing 12V power, but it can keep the batteries charged for you. If you want to use your 12V lights, they will need to be connected to the 12V battery.

Back