diy solar

diy solar

MPP Solar LV 3KVA-24V Error Code 09

tdcrosby

I have the MPP Solar LV 3KVA-24V Inverter / Charger in my hunting lodge and it is supplying dc power to all of my internal lighting. Recently, within the past 2 weeks, I received an Error Code 09, "Bus Soft Start Failed". The documentation does not state how to resolve this issue. The charger is still working and keeping the batteries charged, but when turn on the circuit breaker to supply grid power to charge the batteries when the solar panels are not producing, night time, cloudy, etc., I get this Error Code 09. I have reset the code error by disconnecting the solar panel negative lead input to the unit, wait 10 seconds and reconnect. I also get this code when I turn on the Inverter. I have to reset the system again. Installed this unit about 8 months ago. Any advice would be great.

Error 09 Internal DC bus soft start failed

In most cases DC-DC MOSFETs are damaged then the inverter always reports the Error 09 alarm. It could be due to the high AC surge or PV surge to damage these sections.

How close are PV open circuit voltages (on a cold day) to the maximum inverter voltage?

DC-DC module was damaged or bus soft start module was damaged. May need to repair main board or replace it.

My 7248MAX has the same error. Just submitted everything to mppsolar. Hope for fairly quick resolution.IMG_1832.JPG

How close are PV open circuit voltages (on a cold day) to the maximum inverter voltage?

We have no cold days in the Philippines but I've never seen more than 440v with a 500v max. Rating on the system.

We have no cold days in the Philippines but I've never seen more than 440v with a 500v max. Rating on the system.
Can you share how your problem was resolved? I am having trouble with an Error/Fault 09 on my (Suoer) Hybrid inverter as well.

Back