diy solar

diy solar

MPP Solar LV2424: 120v cycling

Diemjoe

I just installed my MPP Solar LV 2424 with 4 12v sealed Lead Acid batteries. I have a 24v to 12v converter to run my existing 12v load.

I noticed yesterday that when I was trying to charge a Milwaukee tool battery and then today when I was charging my computer, the power was cycling on and off each second.

This didn't happen when I had the batteries set up in a 12v setup going through a 2000w inverter.

I looked at the MPP solar LCD screen and the 120v indicator was flashing off and on at about 1 sec rate.

I am going to send this question to MPP Solar but thought I would ask here for ideas and/or troubleshooting shooting.

Thanks

Don Miller

Thanks. I have found other posts with the same problem. They refer to setting #4 which is not documented in the manuals I have found on line.

I just installed my MPP Solar LV 2424 with 4 12v sealed Lead Acid batteries. I have a 24v to 12v converter to run my existing 12v load.

I noticed yesterday that when I was trying to charge a Milwaukee tool battery and then today when I was charging my computer, the power was cycling on and off each second.

This didn't happen when I had the batteries set up in a 12v setup going through a 2000w inverter.

I looked at the MPP solar LCD screen and the 120v indicator was flashing off and on at about 1 sec rate.

I am going to send this question to MPP Solar but thought I would ask here for ideas and/or troubleshooting shooting.

Thanks

Don Miller
Just an update. I think the cycling was caused by the batteries being below the voltage limit and the MPP not able to pull the 120v off of them. The long sunny days seem to have cured this problem. Thanks for all the help.

Back