diy solar

diy solar

MPP solar LV2424 Code 01

Capt Bill

Sailing Options
Redwood Valley, Cailfornia/ Montezuma, Costa Rica
LV22424 Fault Code 01 = "Fan locked". .... I have 3 MPP LV2424 All In Ones networked together for 240vac Split Phase output. I just pulled a 4th unit out if it's box which I have had in storage for 6 plus months. I am updating from three units to four ... to have full 40 amps ac x 2 for a Level 2 EV Charger, for an electric vehicle I see in my future that I intend to charge up via solar. ... I just got Fault Code 01 on one of my 3 configured and running LV2424 units. The fan noise also stopped when the others were working and heard. The alert beeping got my attention. IMO: That is a good reason to leave alarm beeps on, vs turning em off/ my set up is in back room) .

... Has anyone else had to deal with Fault Code 01 on an LV2424 ?

Interesting to me: This 4th unit I am getting ready to install on my solar wall is a slightly later version that my other 3. I hope the firmware in em match up properly without needing to update any of them (will see). ... Something new: The external housing has an course anti static type air filter with a thin metal housing held next to the top side vents (attached by one screw on top). ... There is a new "Clearance And Maintenance for Anit-Dust Kit sheet in box with picture to encourage cleaning the 2 filters once in awhile. ... Interesting my fan lock code showed on one older unit same day as I notice this change on the new version of LV2424 I just unpacked, and installed parallel kit to. I did also recently noticed some dust accumulation on my 3 up and running units at the top side air holes, which I wiped off on outside housings. I do not have a particularly dusty room where these are installed, but I can see that dust can accumulate over time.

Has anyone else had to deal with that Fault Code 1? I will taking the housing of that unit off next. I expect a locked fan could be a bug that crawled into the fan, or possibly lots of dust (seems unlikely?), or a burnt out fan. ... If is see dust in the Fault Code 1 unit, I will also blow out the other two, ... and wonder if I could get the new filter kits from a MPP supplier in the USA. I will update this post later.

Last edited:
Like most inverters your MPP fan is equipped with an internal digital tachometer that should report back the fan speed to the main board. If the main board is not detecting the fan spinning, wheter it is really spinning or not, it will throw fault code 1. Silencing the alarm can be a solution sometimes but take note that fault code 1 could also limit the input or output power at the same time.

If the fan is spinning it could be a faulty tachometer or a faulty MB that is unable to process the signal from the tachometer.
You can try replacing the fan, which is a cheap and easy job, to better understand what the problem could be.

Like most inverters your MPP fan is equipped with an internal digital tachometer that should report back the fan speed to the main board. If the main board is not detecting the fan spinning, wheter it is really spinning or not, it will throw fault code 1. Silencing the alarm can be a solution sometimes but take note that fault code 1 could also limit the input or output power at the same time.

If the fan is spinning it could be a faulty tachometer or a faulty MB that is unable to process the signal from the tachometer.
You can try replacing the fan, which is a cheap and easy job, to better understand what the problem could be.
Just rebooted my system back up to running. The 2 Fans on my Fault code 1 unit were spinning, and fault code no longer come on or shows. Closer examine with all in ones shut down, & bottom plate covering wire terminal area removed, and looking up into fans with a flash light; I do see a noticeable dust layer on the fan blades (likely slowed em down some?), and some dust above the fans. Planning to get my compressor and blast the dust upwards (maybe limit psi for safe measure?), and see if any dust comes out to the top vent holes .... Think that ought to be enough. If not will come back here, and extend my report. :+) Add later note: Used 60 psi to blast upward w units off, to spin the fans & get all dust off of fans blades (at least on visible side), plus off outer edge of fan, ... on all 3 of my currently running LV2424s. Did not notice any dust exiting top vents. Notice more air being blown downward for cooling when those bottom covers are off. ... Glad to think that was a simple long term maintenance fix. ... If not, will come back here again :+)

Last edited:
The tachometer is an hall effect sensor (located inside the fan central block) that detects the intermittent magnetic field of the rotor, so dust usually can't interfere with its reading. But dust can surely slow the fan down, especially when starting, so it could definitely be the culprit.

About the compressor, I will say :unsure: 20 PSI maximum at a 10 cm distance. And make sure condensed humidity can't get to the inside circuits.

Just rebooted my system back up to running. The 2 Fans on my Fault code 1 unit were spinning, and fault code no longer come on or shows. Closer examine with all in ones shut down, & bottom plate covering wire terminal area removed, and looking up into fans with a flash light; I do see a noticeable dust layer on the fan blades (likely slowed em down some?), and some dust above the fans. Planning to get my compressor and blast the dust upwards (maybe limit psi for safe measure?), and see if any dust comes out to the top vent holes .... Think that ought to be enough. If not will come back here, and extend my report. :+) Add later note: Used 60 psi to blast upward w units off, to spin the fans & get all dust off of fans blades (at least on visible side), plus off outer edge of fan, ... on all 3 of my currently running LV2424s. Did not notice any dust exiting top vents. Notice more air being blown downward for cooling when those bottom covers are off. ... Glad to think that was a simple long term maintenance fix. ... If not, will come back here again :+)
I got same fault in NEXT 5.5KW HYBRID INVETER,FAN WAS REPLACED

I got same fault in NEXT 5.5KW HYBRID INVETER,FAN WAS REPLACED
Re my noticeable dust layer on the my LV2424 fan blades, that likely slowed em down some; ... using my compressor and blasting the fan blades n dust upwards (w limit on psi for safe measure ... did work. No more fault codes. Replacing my fans was my back up, next idea.

Back