diy solar

diy solar

MPP Solar LV5048 inverter : able to frequency shift or not ?

Vince Mex

Hi

Looking for some real informations around this inverter : want to integrate it as hybrid inverter in AC coupling into a grid tie system (Fronius Primo 11.4, 9.75 kwh of panels).

Idea is SIMPLE : keep on producing power during outages with my GT inverter > To do that but the MPP Solar needs to be able to modulate the power from the GT inverter with frequency shifting and there is nothing told about it.

I do not want to add batteriiies now (i use this house 6 months a year....) and a generator will also be connected in case of power outages during the night.

Ideally i would like the MPP solar to be able to handle the GEN (transfer switch) and the GT inverter.

Do you think it is doable ?

Vince, newbie

Hi, Im looking for the same solution. I have the latest MPP 3048 split phase inverters, but when Im off—grid and my SunnyBoy or Enphase micro inverters try to start, the MPP faults and shuts down when it detects the back pressure. It needs a large energy sink like a water heater, but Im not sure how I would implement this.
Did you come up with anything?

It needs a large energy sink like a water heater, but Im not sure how I would implement this.
A battery may be an easier thing for some hybrid inverters to manage because it can act as a load and be managed if it is at an SOC that gives some headroom. A fixed load like a water heater or other heater might work but cannot be managed as easily.

Im looking for a solution without buying a new hybrid inverter.
I don't know enough about your inverter to know if it has battery input or what the other options are to provide a buffer. Do I remember correctly that you have solar through a charge controller also powering that inverter? If you do you could try shutting down the DC coupled solar before you turn off the grid to see if that gives you more headroom.

For sure you could also try a load when you shut down the grid to see if that gives it enough headroom to keep the GT inverters going. My understanding of AC coupling is that there has to be some form of buffer

Back