MPP-SOLAR LV6548

Sanwizard

Photon Sorcerer
Anyone using the Signature EG4 batteries with the LV6548 or with any other setup?
Wondering if anyone has thoughts on the EG4s https://shop.signaturesolar.us/products/48v-100ah-lifepower4-battery-by-eg4
Well, they should be honest and call them 4.8KW. Other than that, If they are 3000-6000 cycle capable, and provide the stated capacity, they are a good deal in my book. Def held together better than my DIY build. Does anyone have any studies on them over time, charge/discharge/amps/heat, etc?

Lt.Dan

Photon Sorcerer
Well, they should be honest and call them 4.8KW. Other than that, If they are 3000-6000 cycle capable, and provide the stated capacity, they are a good deal in my book. Def held together better than my DIY build. Does anyone have any studies on them over time, charge/discharge/amps/heat, etc?
That battery is a nominal 51.2v LiFePo4 battery, so 51.2v x 100ah is 5.12kwh, they are advertising it correctly.

jasonhc73

Cat herder, and dog toy tosser.
Yesterday I had a day where I fully charged the battery and saw the LV6548s "turn off" the panels.

It happened again today.

This time at 1:15 in the afternoon.

Now I know the feeling of wasted energy. I could have had my car plugged in at that time, but it was charged enough also!

I would say I gave up at least a full 10 kWh of solar due to not needing and not using the electricity. What a great problem to have.🤣

1634526414439.png

I have 3 days of clouds forcasted, so that will make up. 🙄

Also, today is the 1 month of being 100% off grid. I did take some of my grid-tied power twice when I was re-wiring my batteries, but still no grid power.

1634526630559.png
1634526595192.png

Lt.Dan

Photon Sorcerer
Yesterday I had a day where I fully charged the battery and saw the LV6548s "turn off" the panels.

It happened again today.

This time at 1:15 in the afternoon.

Now I know the feeling of wasted energy. I could have had my car plugged in at that time, but it was charged enough also!

I would say I gave up at least a full 10 kWh of solar due to not needing and not using the electricity. What a great problem to have.🤣

View attachment 69245

I have 3 days of clouds forcasted, so that will make up. 🙄

Also, today is the 1 month of being 100% off grid. I did take some of my grid-tied power twice when I was re-wiring my batteries, but still no grid power.

View attachment 69247
View attachment 69246
Woohoo! Congrats on the off grid! I'm in almost the same boat!

DMIINC

Screenshot 2021-10-18 070408.png

Well, hello everyone! Decided to join the forum. Jason was posting on one of my youtube videos so I was compelled to respond somehow. Jason congrats on one month off grid.

In GA we had nothing but beautiful weather past seven days. Mild temperatures and plentiful sunshine. Above pic represents one week of production. Home and EV were fully powered by sun. Wasted in my estimation around 70kWh of available power. Need more power storage!!!!!

Sanwizard

Photon Sorcerer
View attachment 69263

Well, hello everyone! Decided to join the forum. Jason was posting on one of my youtube videos so I was compelled to respond somehow. Jason congrats on one month off grid.

In GA we had nothing but beautiful weather past seven days. Mild temperatures and plentiful sunshine. Above pic represents one week of production. Home and EV were fully powered by sun. Wasted in my estimation around 70kWh of available power. Need more power storage!!!!!
Welcome and about time! I designed my entire system based off your work, and also your participation with John Blance over at Github.

Lt.Dan

Photon Sorcerer
Does anybody have a problem with the transfer time from battery to grid?

When I only had a single unit, you would never notice the transfer, but now when I have 2x wired in Split Phase, the transfer time is extremely long, enough to turn off all of my 110v appliances. When the air conditioners are running (back when I was using them more) they fans would slow down considerably and almost every time the breaker would trip for the AC.

Thinking about wiring them back into single phase and parallel instead of split phase. I won't be able to run 240v equipment, but its not the end of the world.

Sanwizard

Photon Sorcerer
Does anybody have a problem with the transfer time from battery to grid?

When I only had a single unit, you would never notice the transfer, but now when I have 2x wired in Split Phase, the transfer time is extremely long, enough to turn off all of my 110v appliances. When the air conditioners are running (back when I was using them more) they fans would slow down considerably and almost every time the breaker would trip for the AC.

Thinking about wiring them back into single phase and parallel instead of split phase. I won't be able to run 240v equipment, but its not the end of the world.
I have not yet had the need to transfer to grid, So I have no experience with the timing.

Lt.Dan

Photon Sorcerer
I did find this in the manual. It states when in Parallel, the max transfer time is 50ms. Theres no way its less than a full second. Maybe I'll hit up Ian and pick his brain about it...

LV6548 Manual.png

Bunker bob

I have 10 385 watt JA solar panels.
And the LV 6548 inverter I want to max it out with 10 more panels next month I’m not sure how to Connect the panels the panels. There are two inputs to the inverter should I just run the 10 on one of those now and 10 of them later or should I split them now

Sanwizard

Photon Sorcerer
I have 10 385 watt JA solar panels.
And the LV 6548 inverter I want to max it out with 10 more panels next month I’m not sure how to Connect the panels the panels. There are two inputs to the inverter should I just run the 10 on one of those now and 10 of them later or should I split them now
Just dont exceed the 250V or 18amps per string and you should be fine. Ian told me that sticking to 250V max is more important than a slight overage on amps.

Lt.Dan

Photon Sorcerer
I agree, the 250V VOC is a hard number, do not go over it. But Ian has said you can overpanel up to 23 amps safely.