diy solar

diy solar

MPP-SOLAR LV6548

From MPP solar site: The LV6548 is the latest members to our 120V/240V SPLIT PHASE inverter family and we are please to confirm it has UL1741 compliance (TUV certified) for US markets.

As a guy who works in the technology field, I went through the hassle of getting products tested and certified( FIPS 140-2, Fedramp, RSA, etc), and getting put on a list can take a while. If they state it is compliant, then they would be in deep dodoo if they falsified that claim.
Most likely, testing on that model was completed in late 2020 or early 2021, so it may take a while to get recorded places.
MPP are not Chinese, they are Taiwan based, where much of the electronics you use and buy today comes from, and they are a US protectorate, so they usually abide by our regulations ( unlike communist china).
Taiwan is not and has never been a “US Protectorate”.

Sino American Mutual Defense Treaty. If china attacks Taiwan, we were obligated to defend it. It may have changed over time due to lack of a spine at the state dept, but it was signed under Eisenhower I believe.
Now its probably sure china, do whatever you want. Taiwan is not china.

Does anyone know how to factory reset the unit via the front panel?
Also, anyone know how to troubleshoot error F86?

Does anyone know how to factory reset the unit via the front panel?
Also, anyone know how to troubleshoot error F86?
Ok I figured it out. Once you set the inverter to split phase, putting it back to single does NOT work via the panel. I had to use Watchpower to rest the inverter. Timing is tricky, as if you are getting an error, it powers off after around 20 seconds. There is no reset switch, which sucks.

Ok I figured it out. Once you set the inverter to split phase, putting it back to single does NOT work via the panel. I had to use Watchpower to rest the inverter. Timing is tricky, as if you are getting an error, it powers off after around 20 seconds. There is no reset switch, which sucks.
Reset. Not rest.

1.13SP10
It is what came with the LV6548
Jason, would you be able to share your menu settings so I can compare with mine? It seems my inverters think my battery is at 40% when its at 90%, and the inverters are not turning off charge. What is your bulk and float set to? (I assume Lifepo4 correct?)

I ran into the same problem on mine. But if I had PV or Grid power, it would stay on for me
Jason, would you be able to share your menu settings so I can compare with mine? It seems my inverters think my battery is at 40% when its at 90%, and the inverters are not turning off charge. What is your bulk and float set to? (I assume Lifepo4 correct?)
My bulk is 57v and float is 56.5v, if that helps.

I ran into the same problem on mine. But if I had PV or Grid power, it would stay on for me

That does help. Thanks! I am finally trying to move both inverters from single to split phase, and am getting F86 errors, and it shuts down. I am hoping its something simple on the AC side, like cross phases on input ane output. I will be troubleshooting that today, so I can get 240 working properly.

That is a lot of energy trying to get them to the max like that.

Have you been able to ever see your setup get them to 56.5V?

I bulk at 56 and float at 55.2
But in reality, they never really ever get charged more than 53.6, unless I use grid power.

I only have 2.6 kW of real PV production for now. I have double that just laying against the wall to be installed.

I have come to realize that you can have more battery than PV, so I'm doubling my PV. That is what is the best about the LV6548, you can add a heck of a lot of PV to it.

Things are now working quite well, thanks for your help Danf and everyone else!
Idle consumption for BOTH LV6548's is now down to 126 watts, so 63 watts per inverter. Thats pretty nice, even with the LED status lights on.

Attachments

• 20210721_201901.jpg
    20210721_201901.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 5
Things are now working quite well, thanks for your help Danf and everyone else!
Idle consumption for BOTH LV6548's is now down to 126 watts, so 63 watts per inverter. Thats pretty nice, even with the LED status lights on.
That is exactly what my 2x pull, 63 watts each.

Can someone tell me if these LV6548's can be AC coupled? I have 46 LG panels and 46 Enphase Microinverters that I want to dump into 50 kW of batteries, then once charged, any excess can go to the grid, then each night I want to use my batteries first before taking anything from the grid. Can the LV6548's do this? Supposedly the Sol-Arks can but they are stupid expensive. Supposedly the Schnieders can but they supposedly have terrible customer service. So I want an alternative and these look really good on paper, but you are all much smarter than me so I'm looking for help. Thanks!

Can someone tell me if these LV6548's can be AC coupled? I have 46 LG panels and 46 Enphase Microinverters that I want to dump into 50 kW of batteries, then once charged, any excess can go to the grid, then each night I want to use my batteries first before taking anything from the grid. Can the LV6548's do this? Supposedly the Sol-Arks can but they are stupid expensive. Supposedly the Schnieders can but they supposedly have terrible customer service. So I want an alternative and these look really good on paper, but you are all much smarter than me so I'm looking for help. Thanks!
That is word for word what Iam doing with my LV6548s. Yes, you can do that

LtDan, how are you using the LV6548's with microinverters? I dont believe that is possible on the AC in side. At least its not in the manual.

LtDan, how are you using the LV6548's with microinverters? I dont believe that is possible on the AC in side. At least its not in the manual.
Whoops, I just woke up and skimmed over it too fast, haven't had my cup of joe yet!

I do not have micro inverters, nor am I feeding the grid.

Whoops, I just woke up and skimmed over it too fast, haven't had my cup of joe yet!

I do not have micro inverters, nor am I feeding the grid.
Thanks for confirming. Neobeavis, the LV6548 does not work AC coupled. Its a DC coupled solution.

They do have their own specs and some differences from the 7.6 Deye etc but basically yes. They do however also provide good customer support and make good on their guarantees etc . It also seems they will be in business for a substantial time period. The inverters are generally available pretty quickly except when cover shipping hindered it for a while.

Back