diy solar

diy solar

MPP-SOLAR LV6548

Lt Dan you had me excited then Sanwizard burst my temporary bubble, but this is why I need help. Thanks all. So can I buy the Deye instead....never heard of them or are they not UL listed....is there anyway around the UL listing to my grid (some sort of UL listed box in between the inverter and my grid) since there doesn't seem to be any inverters that will work.

Lt Dan you had me excited then Sanwizard burst my temporary bubble, but this is why I need help. Thanks all. So can I buy the Deye instead....never heard of them or are they not UL listed....is there anyway around the UL listing to my grid (some sort of UL listed box in between the inverter and my grid) since there doesn't seem to be any inverters that will work.
Neobeavis, the new LVX6048WP is listed as UL certified and grid tie enabled. Its also waterproof for outside installs.
MPP shows them on their site, so they should be available shortly. You can probably ore-order from Ian at Watts247.com.
I am thinking of getting two LVX8048wp' s to replace the current SMA grid tied inverters at my new house.

I will definitely check that out as the MPP's are a much better price point than most. Thank you! I did find the Deye inverter for sale but they were saying that they couldn't be AC coupled, but I thought the Sol-Arks could. Is there something that I'm missing on that?

Neobeavis, the new LVX6048WP is listed as UL certified and grid tie enabled. Its also waterproof for outside installs.
MPP shows them on their site, so they should be available shortly. You can probably ore-order from Ian at Watts247.com.
I am thinking of getting two LVX8048wp' s to replace the current SMA grid tied inverters at my new house.
Can the LVX6048WP be AC coupled? On paper everything looks pretty great but I don't see the AC coupling and not positive about grid feedback. I used to think grid-tied meant both ways but I learned with the LV6548 that that is not the case and some only take from the grid.

I will definitely check that out as the MPP's are a much better price point than most. Thank you! I did find the Deye inverter for sale but they were saying that they couldn't be AC coupled, but I thought the Sol-Arks could. Is there something that I'm missing on that?
MPP inverters are DC coupled, not AC.

So is there a list of all grid-tied non-MPP inverters that can work with Enphase microinverters? That sure would cut down on my research!

I just got the email from Peggy Hung from mppsolar.com, deliveries "will be ready in 10 working days". I don't know if the actually means they will start delivering them on November 27th, or it takes them 10 days from when you order them. (I think it means the new inverter will start shipping on November 27th).

$1155 each.
Imagine most of the limits the LV5048 has when it is paralleled, the VL6548 eliminates those issues.

"It is a strong feature inverter 6500w, 110vac 48v, Split phase capable ( for using 2 or above in parallel connection )
For single-unit use, it can work without a battery. wifi/parallel kit built-in. PV input 250vdc ."

One particularly useful feature is the "mobile app". Unfortunately, it is shown to still use WatchPower (which is really crappy by modern standards)
Scheduling feature to only charge or use the battery during specified times.
The much voltage of the MPPT is a significant step in the right direction versus the LV5048.

If you plan to have a rather large system, this looks like a serious contender to some top-tier labels.

Has anyone had issues setting up the wifi with these. I can't get the phone app past the "wifi connected please wait" dialog. I didn't see a wifi setting in the menus of watchpower program. Is the api the only way to configure the wifi module??? :(

Does anyone have an older API, some reviews said the app doesn't work anymore after the last update. I emailed Peggy and she said to delete and reinstall, that changed nothing, so I let her know. Then I got a few days of silence so far.

Also the watchpower program while not running messed up my USB and I couldn't update my new batrium BMS. I unistalled watchpower and that fixed the "unavailable USB" error I had. Here is an email Batrium sent me. Maybe there is an easy workaround to disconnect the usb manually in watchpower?

email:
I see that you are running the Inverter WatchPower in the background, this attempts to connect the com port, blocking our software from connecting.
Maybe close it and try again, this is a known issue from the inverter software that is discussed on a few of the communities.

Thanks all,

Last edited:
Has anyone had issues setting up the wifi with these. I can't get the phone app past the "wifi connected please wait" dialog. I didn't see a woifi setting in the menus :(

Does anyone have an older API, some reviews said the app doesn't work anymore after the last update. I emailed Peggy and she said to delete and reinstall, that changed nothing, so I let her know. Then I got a few days of silence so far.

Also the watchpower program while not running messed up my USB and I couldn't update my new batrium BMS. I unistalled watchpower and that fixed the "unavailable USB" error I had. Here is an email Batrium sent me. Maybe there is an easy workaround to disconnect the usb manually in watchpower?

email:
I see that you are running the Inverter WatchPower in the background, this attempts to connect the com port, blocking our software from connecting.
Maybe close it and try again, this is a known issue from the inverter software that is discussed on a few of the communities.

Thanks all,
How are you trying to connect? What steps are you using?
It may take a few tries. You need to be able to connect to your home wifi near the inverter to get it to see your home wifi.

How are you trying to connect? What steps are you using?
It may take a few tries. You need to be able to connect to your home wifi near the inverter to get it to see your home wifi.
Config wifi, connect to the Inverters wifi in settings, back to the app, next, please wait pops up. Thats it

Last edited:
I got it to work.

Don't waste your time, it's total shit.

I use SolarAssistant.io
I'm not really interested in setting up a rasberry pi. Too much headache after my last pi project. All I really want is SOC and and batrium can do that.

So is there a list of all grid-tied non-MPP inverters that can work with Enphase microinverters? That sure would cut down on my research!
Go to the mpp alibaba page and look at their grid tie inverters. This is not one

I also use the Solar Assistant, and I gotta say it was very very much worth it. I also had never heard of or used a Pi before, and it was still very easy to setup.

But, the app is still a requirement for me, as using it to change settings is so much easier than the control panel.

I can change a couple of functions with solar assist, mainly changing where the AC input gets used or not.

But none of the actual settings on the box. I can't even use WatchPower to do that either!

I'm not really interested in setting up a rasberry pi. Too much headache after my last pi project. All I really want is SOC and and batrium can do that.
There is no setting it up. It's 100% configured in the SolarAssist.io build.

The only thing you have to set up is the WiFi connection.

Like a router, ussually once connected to the device AP wifi (router with ethernet cable) you then go back to the app and go to the device settings now that you have access. Ussually the device searches for wifi signals (home AP) then add password, and then it connects to the home wifi - like a chromecast or a router in range extender mode. If not, how do I get the setting programmed onto the wifi module if I'm connected and the app stalls? Watch power is working fine for me also so its an app issue which is also seen by other users who posted reviews on the play store

Last edited:
Ussually once connected to the device AP wifi you then go back to the app and go to the device settings now that you have acces, and search for the home AP add password and then it connects to the home wifi - like a chromecast. How do I get the setting programmed onto the wifi module? Watch power is working fine for me also.
See page 46 of the manual.

Attachments

• LV6548 split phase manual-20210416.pdf
    7.2 MB · Views: 24
Back