diy solar

diy solar

MPP-SOLAR LV6548

There is no setting it up. It's 100% configured in the SolarAssist.io build.

The only thing you have to set up is the WiFi connection.

Update - Still haven't found the phone app.
found the kit - https://solar-assistant.io/shop/products/device

Do you have to buy the pi separate and program it, or its all one package plug and play? Do you have a link? I'd didn't see it anywhere. How is the mobile app. What is the name of the app? Was going to look it up on youtube.

My new Batrium K9 gives me shunt info with - watts in, SOC, voltage, and live cycling cell levels. I guess it doesn't show watts produces/used. I think thats about it. Wifi setup was super easy

Last edited:
See page 46 of the manual.

Hu? Page 46 is trouble shooting and has nothing to do with wifi. Your broad answers have not come close to helping. Sorry, but I'm not a beginner IT person. Thanks for the try tho ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210803-164150.png
    Screenshot_20210803-164150.png
    349.3 KB · Views: 5
Do you have to buy the pi separate and program it, or its all one package plug and play? Do you have a link? I'd didn't see it anywhere. How is the mobile app. What is the name of the app? Was going to look it up on youtube.

My new Batrium K9 gives me shunt info with - watts in, SOC, voltage, and live cycling cell levels. I guess it doesn't show watts produces/used. I think thats about it. Wifi setup was super easy
You can buy the entire package and just plug it in for around $160, or just download the software and cut it onto an sd card for about $60. Solar-assistant.io

Hu? Page 46 is trouble shooting and has nothing to do with wifi. Your broad answers have not come close to helping. Sorry, but I'm not a beginner IT person. Thanks for the try tho ;)
Sorry, i was looking at the 6048 manual. In the one I attached, the wifi setup starts on page 65.

Mine wont go to step 3 on pg 68. It just says "please wait"

View attachment 58712View attachment 58711
Yeah, I had to do it a few times before it connected. Can you see both the inverter wifi and your home wifi at the same time? You may need a code update. Load up the PC version of watchpower, and connect to the USB port. Make sure that all works first. Download the program from MPP solar website to make sure you have the latest code. Check the firmware on the inverter to make sure you are at latest code. My watchpower version is 1.14sp8

Yeah, I had to do it a few times before it connected. Can you see both the inverter wifi and your home wifi at the same time? You may need a code update. Load up the PC version of watchpower, and connect to the USB port. Make sure that all works first. Download the program from MPP solar website to make sure you have the latest code. Check the firmware on the inverter to make sure you are at latest code. My watchpower version is 1.14sp8

GREAT SUCCESS!!!! Yahoo
Its a mobile data glitch!!!!

I had to "forget" my home wifi networks "myhomewifi"2g and 5g APs. I did this just encase to prevent my phone for searching for internet. Occasionally I have seen it jump from the LV6548 wifi to my home wifi randomly. This got me thinking... so then I turned off my mobile data icon in the notifications drop down. I connected to the LV6548 wifi with their password. I went back to the mobile app page with the button to verify I was connected to the LV6548 wifi module. Like usual it said I was "connected and to please wait". So then I cycled on my mobile data and instantly it jumped to the network screen in step 3. I hit the wifi symbol on the right, saw my home wifi AP, entered my password, followed the remaining prompts and I was up and running in under a minute receiving data over my home wifi AP to the mobile app! Now I can see watts in and out individually vs just the average from the Batrium shunt. In the app I was also able to change my bulk charge setting to the long life/90% SOC settings will posted that battle born uses.

Peggy needs to update their directions to turn off/on mobile data.

Note from your suggestion. The first thing I before turning on the inverter was get the newest PC software from Peggy just encase. I have heard in a video to do this. Thanks

GREAT SUCCESS!!!! Yahoo
Its a mobile data glitch!!!!

I had to "forget" my home wifi networks "myhomewifi"2g and 5g APs. I did this just encase to prevent my phone for searching for internet. Occasionally I have seen it jump from the LV6548 wifi to my home wifi randomly. This got me thinking... so then I turned off my mobile data icon in the notifications drop down. I connected to the LV6548 wifi with their password. I went back to the mobile app page with the button to verify I was connected to the LV6548 wifi module. Like usual it said I was "connected and to please wait". So then I cycled on my mobile data and instantly it jumped to the network screen in step 3. I hit the wifi symbol on the right, saw my home wifi AP, entered my password, followed the remaining prompts and I was up and running in under a minute receiving data over my home wifi AP to the mobile app! Now I can see watts in and out individually vs just the average from the Batrium shunt. In the app I was also able to change my bulk charge setting to the long life/90% SOC settings will posted that battle born uses.

Peggy needs to update their directions to turn off/on mobile data.

Note from your suggestion. The first thing I before turning on the inverter was get the newest PC software from Peggy just encase. I have heard in a video to do this. Thanks
Great news! Its fun when technology works. I am currently working on Raspberry Pi connectivity and output to Graphana, but John Blance's code and directions on github are great.

Update - Still haven't found the phone app.
found the kit - https://solar-assistant.io/shop/products/device

I bought the software there and then this on Amazon;

I also have a CanaKit for my Solar Assistant. But then I bought a 8gb RAM Board only model and put it in an Argon M.2 Case with an SSD. I use it as a desktop in my RV because it is very small and uses very little power.

I also have a CanaKit for my Solar Assistant. But then I bought a 8gb RAM Board only model and put it in an Argon M.2 Case with an SSD. I use it as a desktop in my RV because it is very small and uses very little power.
I am just about ready to connect my Pi to the MPP USB. I just need to setup some cron jobs to pull the data.
In the meantime, on my other Pi, I installed the solarAssistant software. I figure I can use the SolarAssistant Pi for the inverter, and Jblance code for the BMS's via bluetooth.
Did anyone else have trouble connecting the solarassist to your network? Mine never connects, and the hotspot stays active, so I cannot register my inverters.
The solarassist default IP is 10.0.0.5, and my network is 192.168.x.x. does the solarassist get a new IP from DHCP? Or does it need to stay on the non-routable 10 class network?
If so, that would suck too, as my Netgear Orbi router is using 10.0.0.5, but thats on my mesh network. Seems like support is in south africa, so early mornings US east coast only?

Mine worked fine, it is also connected to a Netgear Wifi Extender. I dont remember the exact setup procedure so im no help there lol.

I have both of mine plugged into the USB 3.0 ports.

Mine worked fine, it is also connected to a Netgear Wifi Extender. I dont remember the exact setup procedure so im no help there lol.

I have both of mine plugged into the USB 3.0 ports.
Finally have it working. Network issues. I like that I can pull metrics from both inverters in parallel mode. No battery integration though for Bluetooth Heltec. I may need to get the RS485 connections going, but JBlances code works with Bluetooth, so I may just use one Pi for the SolarAssist, and one for all the BMS's. Sure with MPP was able to talk to DIY batteries.

Finally have it working. Network issues. I like that I can pull metrics from both inverters in parallel mode. No battery integration though for Bluetooth Heltec. I may need to get the RS485 connections going, but JBlances code works with Bluetooth, so I may just use one Pi for the SolarAssist, and one for all the BMS's. Sure with MPP was able to talk to DIY batteries.
So I have been playing with the solar-assistant software. I found out it can directly monitor my Victron shunt! That would provide everything but the individual cell voltages in my bank, but even better, can show all input and output, including the right battery SOC for all my banks when in place. I just ordered the Victron ve direct to USB cable on Amazon. I now have both the Watchpower app and solar assist on my phone, and soon the Victron data. Last part is the JKpower data from the RS485 port in the BMS for cell data. Glad the Pi4 has 4 USB inputs!

VE.Direct to USB interface​

Haha, I was just looking at getting the ve direct cable and monitoring my victron shunt, but my shunt is way too far from the pi 4 and the control panels. The emulated BMS settings work good enough for me I guess

My bulk is 57v and float is 56.5v, if that helps.

Your cells, your choice, but that float voltage is too high according to this excellent resource which recommends 3.4v per cell or less :

The whole thing is worth reading but the section on float is about 1/3 the way down.

Your cells, your choice, but that float voltage is too high according to this excellent resource which recommends 3.4v per cell or less :

The whole thing is worth reading but the section on float is about 1/3 the way down.
I'm well aware. But everyone has an opinion.

Back