diy solar

diy solar

MPP-Solar LVX-6048 Solarpower App

amendt

So I downloaded the Solarpower app Solarpower app-- it says I am online, but I am getting no data from the LVX-6048. What gives?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210810-175240.png
    Screenshot_20210810-175240.png
    123 KB · Views: 26
I got help from Andy at mpp solar. I guess you have to have your date and time set right for it to work.

Attachments

• cghjhibkijdkamhb.png
    cghjhibkijdkamhb.png
    154.5 KB · Views: 27
How did you get past the registration page. Mine keeps asking me for a 14 or 18 digit number even though I scanned the bar-code on the unit

How did you get past the registration page. Mine keeps asking me for a 14 or 18 digit number even though I scanned the bar-code on the unit
You have to enter the Part Number that starts with a W..... then connect your phone's wifi to that wifi access point and then hopefully it will ask for what wifi access point you want to connect the W... to. Mind connected to my home wifi and it still has the W... wifi still broadcasting it's ssid

The password for the W.. ssid is the same as the access's point name. If you don't enter it correctly it will not let you register the product.. Remember after the W it is all numbers.

Last edited:
Thank you! I was entering the PN of the unit itself rather than the wireless module SSID. So it's connected, but doesn't appear to be displaying information. I've set the date & time on the inverter so that's not the issue, but I loaded it up with 3000 watts worth of space heaters on my test circuit and the values didn't change.

Last edited:
Thank you! I was entering the PN of the unit itself rather than the wireless module SSID. So it's connected, but doesn't appear to be displaying information. I've set the date & time on the inverter so that's not the issue, but I loaded it up with 3000 watts worth of space heaters on my test circuit and the values didn't change.
The values don't really update in real time. They seem to update every few minutes at best.

I finally get all the way to the end and after the module reboots I get all X's between inverter and server. I am about to give up and just get Solar Assistant.

I'm about to give up as well.
Tried both the SunPower and watch power app on 2 different devices.
Do you have to have internet to monitor? I just have a router set up without an internet connection

I was having problems with my tp6048 not showing history correctly but setting the time on the unit fixed it. Otherwise it has worked well so far. I have a virtual machine running under a proxmox server in the house here with android x86 running on it. I have the app installed in the virtual machine and it allows me to check the unit from my pc desktop anytime I want which is nice.

Phones are bit annoying to look at as old as I am :)

Back