diy solar

diy solar

MPP-Solar LVX-6048

The LVX is a split-phase unit with the ability to charge batteries and feed the grid at the same time. THe LVX6548 is the newest upgrade to the LV 6048 & LVX6048.

Grounding is NOT an issue if you use the panel ground. There is a separation between the neutral and the ground on secondary panels, so depending on If you are at the main grid-tied panel or a secondary panel, this would be your only grounding concern. Use the grounding side if this is a secondary panel, as you are not to bond the neutral and ground on a secondary panel by NEC.

The LVX is a split-phase unit with the ability to charge batteries and feed the grid at the same time. THe LVX6548 is the newest upgrade to the LV 6048 & LVX6048.

Grounding is NOT an issue if you use the panel ground. There is a separation between the neutral and the ground on secondary panels, so depending on If you are at the main grid-tied panel or a secondary panel, this would be your only grounding concern. Use the grounding side if this is a secondary panel, as you are not to bond the neutral and ground on a secondary panel by NEC.
I use the panel ground on the AC input. The subpanel has separated neutral and ground. I get a ground fault whenever my inverter switches from powering the loads with solar to powering them with the AC input (switching the other way around causes no issue). It seems to only be the transition that causes it because after a couple minutes I can flip the GFCI breakers back on and everything works fine. My tesla charging adapter also shows that the ground fault goes away after a couple minutes. I'm gonna switch to non-GFCI breakers in the subpanel this weekend but I'm a bit concerned that I'm just hiding a real issue. Hopefully the freezers that are being powered by the subpanel don't give me an extra jolt lol.

I use the panel ground on the AC input. The subpanel has separated neutral and ground. I get a ground fault whenever my inverter switches from powering the loads with solar to powering them with the AC input (switching the other way around causes no issue). It seems to only be the transition that causes it because after a couple minutes I can flip the GFCI breakers back on and everything works fine. My tesla charging adapter also shows that the ground fault goes away after a couple minutes. I'm gonna switch to non-GFCI breakers in the subpanel this weekend but I'm a bit concerned that I'm just hiding a real issue. Hopefully the freezers that are being powered by the subpanel don't give me an extra jolt lol.
I’m a little confused perhaps. Are you saying you are getting a fault on a 115V GFI receptacle?

I’m a little confused perhaps. Are you saying you are getting a fault on a 115V GFI receptacle?
There's a 120V GFCI/AFCI breaker in the subpanel that immediately trips. My tesla car charger connected to a 240V outlet from a non-GFCI breaker in the subpanel also immediately shows a ground fault error.

Where is the "LVX 6548" reported?

So not in fact the LVX 6548
If only I worked for MPP and had access to the English versions of all the documentation. I am assuming that the efforts to become UL certified on this product before it is shipped in August have caused the paperwork to not be timely in its release or update. I expect to see the pdf available by simply adding an x to the URL in the appropriate place at an appropriate time. Sorry for the misleading URL, my edit, copy, paste skills from the email to publication should be checked by me I see. I will put a document in my documentation folder as soon as Brenda Or Lu finishes adding UL certification and give me the lawyers o to publish. I thought the URL I was providing was the copy spoke of last week.

Do a Google search for MPP Solar LVX6548 LVX6548 Split phase, battery charging grid capable inverter for the American market. Here is the LVX6048 announcement as posted mppsolar.com/v3/lvx6048/

Last edited:
We know about the LV 6548 and the LVX 6048. Googling 'LVX6548' does not return anything about that - only the earlier models.
Yes, and the LVX 6048 shows that they clearly listened to what the North American market wants. Higher inputs for the solar charge controller, and split phase without a second unit in parallel. Add in compatibility with multiple battery BMS and you have a very attractive package.

Plus Santan solar appears to have them in stock, and they are 5 miles from me.

The LVX6048s look like good units for the price. I’d like to see them gain zero export functionality (CTs on homes mains) while the inverter is in grid tie mode. I’d buy one right now.

Hi, do anyone have the SolarPower APP working right. They mentioned that on June it was upgrade the version but it show the same version from may 15. I can connect the app and after a few minutes it will go offline, in the morning it will not show the connection with the grid and I have to reconnect the wi-fi.

Hi, do anyone have the SolarPower APP working right. They mentioned that on June it was upgrade the version but it show the same version from may 15. I can connect the app and after a few minutes it will go offline, in the morning it will not show the connection with the grid and I have to reconnect the wi-fi.
Hi, the SolarPower APP does not work for me. The only difference since May is that now the three LVX6048s in parallel show up online, which they didn't on the first try, but the data on the APP is pure fantasy. According to the APP, I generate a huge amount of PV energy every night, and the values for DC and AC voltages and currents are displayed absolutely incorrectly and differently in the 3 devices.

Unfortunately, the SolarPower PC software does not work either. Many values are either displayed incorrectly or not at all. The data transfer to the PC also freezes sooner or later or the 3 LVX6048 disappear in the software.

At the beginning of my contact with the MPP Solar support team in May, the product manager Eric Hsioa and the support guy Andy Y. promised me a solution for all the reported bugs as well as for the monitoring feature. However, since the middle of June I have not received any more responses to my emails. On July 13th, after 4 unanswered emails, I asked again and for the last time:

Please be honest and tell me whether you are working on a solution for all the reported errors or whether you have simply given up and don't know what to do next.

They never got in touch with me again. No answer is also an answer. For me personally, that means that I burned $ 4,000.

So I wouldn't expect that the SolarPower APP or PC software will ever work on the LVX6048.

Last edited:
The android app works for me. Although it frequently stops updating the values so I have to disconnect and reconnect it to wifi for it to work again.

This was wath Andy Y from Support Team inform:

The version of Solarpower APP is the same but we add the communication protocol of LVX6048 inverter for the APP. Thank you.

Best regards,
Andy Y. ¦ Support Team, MPP Solar Inc.

Here is an edit, copy, paste from my e-mail about the upgrade. She says October is now the date. Sorry for the confusion.
-----------------------

Hi Mark
Thanks for your message.

We will have a new UL certified model ready to release in OCT.
It will call LVX 6048WP . it is not meant to replace LV6548 as LV 6548 is a 110vac single phase off grid inverter.

The new LVX6048WP is A 6kw split phase hybrid inverter ( can work as grid tied and off gird both)
UL certified hybrid model for users who do have plan to feed extra solar power back to grid.

Also it is a waterproof model. suitable for a more challenge working environment.

If you will be interested, pls contact us later in Fall. The model should be ready by then.

https://www.mppsolar.com/v3/catalogs/LVX6048WP.pdf

**Please note there are currently several Mainland Chinese companies who have copied our inverters and offering them at lower prices. For your own benefit, please do NOT support these inferior products. MPP Solar operates independently and is NOT affiliated to these companies in any way.

Kind Regard

Last edited:
Here is an edit, copy, paste from my e-mail about the upgrade. She says October is now the date. Sorry for the confusion.
-----------------------

Hi Mark
Thanks for your message.

We will have a new UL certified model ready to release in OCT.
It will call LVX 6048WP . it is not meant to replace LV6548 as LV 6548 is a 110vac single phase off grid inverter.

The new LVX6048WP is A 6kw split phase hybrid inverter ( can work as grid tied and off gird both)
UL certified hybrid model for users who do have plan to feed extra solar power back to grid.

Also it is a waterproof model. suitable for a more challenge working environment.

If you will be interested, pls contact us later in Fall. The model should be ready by then.

https://www.mppsolar.com/v3/catalogs/LVX6048WP.pdf

**Please note there are currently several Mainland Chinese companies who have copied our inverters and offering them at lower prices. For your own benefit, please do NOT support these inferior products. MPP Solar operates independently and is NOT affiliated to these companies in any way.

Kind Regard

There's a 120V GFCI/AFCI breaker in the subpanel that immediately trips. My tesla car charger connected to a 240V outlet from a non-GFCI breaker in the subpanel also immediately shows a ground fault error.
I remember reading in the manual, to make sure that the wires coming from the solar are not connected to ground.

That could possibly be your issue.

Back