diy solar

diy solar

MPP-Solar LVX-6048

With a battery and parallel they work right? On solar only/battery less they will work provided that the peak is not more than the solar incoming right?
yes, so you will need a battery to handle and equalize the peeks in your loads.
these inverters can handle twice their rating for about 5 seconds
given that you want to buy 2 , which have a continues rating of 6 each on 2 legs, you would have 12 continues, and 24 peek, but only if you have batteries that can sustane such a continues or peek load

yes, so you will need a battery to handle and equalize the peeks in your loads.
these inverters can handle twice their rating for about 5 seconds
given that you want to buy 2 , which have a continues rating of 6 each on 2 legs, you would have 12 continues, and 24 peek, but only if you have batteries that can sustane such a continues or peek load
right that is how they would work when in parallel.
When you have a single unit and only solar hooked up 6kw of solar and no battery and no grid you can only run loads that peak to just under the amount of incoming solar. So for example a mini split which lets just say peaks at 2kw on start up and runs a load of 1kw you would need to have at least 2kw and more coming in to make up for that peak. In one of the comments a while back stated that he tried the battery less function and they ran 2 ac unit and a saw. One a big one and a small one and they could not start the big one while the little one was on. Yet they started the big one first and then the little one and it ran just fine along with running a circular saw. This is where the peak works in and how much solar you can produce. They also said that they ran the big ac battery less for the better part of the day.
Very few people here have or are testing the battery less function.

You Know how i cant remote/monitoring on internet the lvx6048 ? The SolarPower dont have data in real time
Even though monitoring the LVX6048 is delayed or more often not existent you can can the LVX6048 setting via the app instantly.

Solar Assistant
Is Solar Assistant free software to download? The SolarPower software offered by MPPSolar does not work with my 3 LVX6048 in parallel. Values are displayed incorrectly or not at all and after 1-2 hours the devices are no longer detected by the software. Similar in the app, which does not offer any remote control, but only a monitor function. After 1-2 hours, the devices are still displayed online, but the values are no longer updated.

Is Solar Assistant free software to download? The SolarPower software offered by MPPSolar does not work with my 3 LVX6048 in parallel. Values are displayed incorrectly or not at all and after 1-2 hours the devices are no longer detected by the software. Similar in the app, which does not offer any remote control, but only a monitor function. After 1-2 hours, the devices are still displayed online, but the values are no longer updated.
It is not free, but worth every penny.

or you could use open source home assistant, with the jblache library's.

that would allow for a lot more automation of other things too btw ( think turn waterheater on when batteries full and consumption low, or run a/c, or critical loads and non critical loads on off).

search yt for dmi inc's channel..
he's been working on something like that, before he only used grafana to make a nice dashboard.

i recently started dabbling with that, but have had other priority's ( as in wife wants house finished priority's ;) )

Thanks. Looks nice. I am only afraid that my LVX6048 could have a general communication issue, as they always go into fault mode with Error 80. Even some of the unique common parameters (such as 01) they do not communicate with each other. I reported all this to the MPPSolar support, but they ignore all my emails since a while. I think I will have a try with Solar Assistant.

Last edited:
Watchpower can connect over your wifi. You meed to use the wifi app version.
You can change any parameter in realtime on your smartphone.
Solarassistant.io also provides robust monitoring. It also can connect to a Victron shunt and show proper SOC of your DIY cells. (I am using CATL and Lishen 280ah with Heltec 200amp smart BMS.

I just ordered the Seplos BMS to test if the inverter will see my DIY cells as a Pylontech battery, so the inverters will get a direct SOC from the BMS.
This stuff is so much fun!

Solarassistant.io also provides robust monitoring. It also can connect to a Victron shunt and show proper SOC of your DIY cells. (I am using CATL and Lishen 280ah with Heltec 200amp smart BMS.

I just ordered the Seplos BMS to test if the inverter will see my DIY cells as a Pylontech battery, so the inverters will get a direct SOC from the BMS.
I'm hoping that if Seplos does report proper SOC to the solar assistant, that it will show on Solar Assistant correctly as well.

How many LVX6048 have you connected in parallel?

How many LVX6048 have you connected in parallel?
I have two LV6548's in my house here in NY, but going to get 4 x LVX6048WP for my South Carolina house to replace 17 year old SMA grid tie inverters, that are amazingly still running perfect, but I hate grid tie. They came with the house.
My Seplos Mason's will be in an environmantal rack to provide power to the MPP solar inverters.
If these work well, I may get 4 more (assuming Bitcoin keeps going up!)

I have two LV6548's in my house here in NY, but going to get 4 x LVX6048WP for my South Carolina house to replace 17 year old SMA grid tie inverters, that are amazingly still running perfect, but I hate grid tie. They came with the house.
My Seplos Mason's will be in an environmantal rack to provide power to the MPP solar inverters.
If these work well, I may get 4 more (assuming Bitcoin keeps going up!)

Ok, so you have no experience with the data transfer of the LVX6048s. In my case, neither the SolarPower PC software nor the app works with the LVX6048s. I tried the WatchPower app yesterday, but with the same issue, the data stops updating after a short time. I have installed 4 LV2424s in another house for a couple of years and SolarPower works fine, even if it is not the best software, but the data transfer works 100%.

Ok, so you have no experience with the data transfer of the LVX6048s. In my case, neither the SolarPower PC software nor the app works with the LVX6048s. I tried the WatchPower app yesterday, but with the same issue, the data stops updating after a short time. I have installed 4 LV2424s in another house for a couple of years and SolarPower works fine, even if it is not the best software, but the data transfer works 100%.
Are you using a bluetooth app or wifi app? My LV6548's use wifi, not bluetooth. Make sure you have a good signal where your inverters are located. If not, get a wifi extender. (I believe the LVX are also wifi)
Make sure you download the correct app version also.

Are you using a bluetooth app or wifi app? My LV6548's use wifi, not bluetooth. Make sure you have a good signal where your inverters are located. If not, get a wifi extender. (I believe the LVX are also wifi)
Make sure you download the correct app version also.
Yes, the LVX6048s have WiFi, I downloaded the correct app version, I added the 3 devices to my account and they showed up online. At this moment they started transfering data to the app. But 1 or 2 hours later the data transfer is stuck. The app is showing then the latest values all the time as real time data, e.g. generating 3kW solar power all night long. I can only fix this issue deleting all devices from my account and adding them again making it work for another 1 or 2 hours.

Yes, the LVX6048s have WiFi, I downloaded the correct app version, I added the 3 devices to my account and they showed up online. At this moment they started transfering data to the app. But 1 or 2 hours later the data transfer is stuck. The app is showing then the latest values all the time as real time data, e.g. generating 3kW solar power all night long. I can only fix this issue deleting all devices from my account and adding them again making it work for another 1 or 2 hours.
The Solarpower app uploaded data all day yesterday for both me and my neighbor. Today it is not working again. Today was the first time I couldn't use the app to change the LVX6048 settings. Normally that always works. Too bad the Solarpower app wasn't more reliable.

The Solarpower app uploaded data all day yesterday for both me and my neighbor. Today it is not working again. Today was the first time I couldn't use the app to change the LVX6048 settings. Normally that always works. Too bad the Solarpower app wasn't more reliable.
I use the wifi version of watchtower, not solarpower.

Watchpower.
You can also edit your own posts by clicking on the arrow beside report, on the bottom lefthand side.

All the functions of the app are working for me today. Except viewing history.
But yes very buggy app

Last edited:
Back