diy solar

diy solar

MPP-Solar LVX-6048

You should go ahead and parallel them just to see if it will be stable. :)
Not in the cards for me. I would have to rewire. I am running each unit completely stand alone (well for now anyway). I am probably going to take them offline this weekend until I get panels installed. Kinda bummed by the idle noise to be honest, but we'll see where it goes.

Not in the cards for me. I would have to rewire. I am running each unit completely stand alone (well for now anyway). I am probably going to take them offline this weekend until I get panels installed. Kinda bummed by the idle noise to be honest, but we'll see where it goes.
The lvx is much quieter laying it flat instead of hanging them. Took the annoying buzzing sound away.

Nots
The lvx is much quieter laying it flat instead of hanging them. Took the annoying buzzing sound away.
Not sure how I would do that. I suppose I could build a bench, but it wouldn't look that great. Might be worth it to get rid of that buzz though. I was thinking of putting a layer of rubber between the unit and the way to absorb the vibration.

Out of curiosity, how much solar is everyone using? I was planning on pushing the max (6000w) to both units. I have room for x54 72 cell panels, so trying to find the right panel that will maximize both units (and a third unit I haven't decided on yet). 330w seems to be the sweet spot x18 panels which I would setup 9S2P.

Hello everyone, first post here from a solar newb so go easy on me. Bit of background, I’m installing a LVX6048WP with 5.5kW of solar on two strings of 6 panels each. The system is to be grid tied without battery storage.
The issue I’m having is nothing seem to work on the LVX6048WP unit. It keeps flashing a code 13 warning. The unit needs a software update so I’m hoping the update will solve that issue. Now for the update part, I downloaded the new software onto a windows 10 PC but can’t get it to connect to the unit. I’ve tried connecting the Ethernet cable to a USB adapter in my PC but that still doesn’t work and the updater program doesn’t detect a port associated with the unit. After two days of trying to connect I gotta concede defeat so I’m hoping someone here can nudge me in the right direction. My iPhone connected to it via wifi but I don’t think I can update the firmware using my phone. Please help!

Attachments

• 721CA0AD-F73E-48BC-813E-90399A893976.jpeg
    721CA0AD-F73E-48BC-813E-90399A893976.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 5
Welcome to the forum, TFH!

First off, this is probably the wrong thread for your post, as those of us here are stressing and fussing and in some instances fuming over the LVX6048, not the newer "all weather" LVX6048WP. You might get a better response if you top into the several threads about the WP model, or better yet, start a fresh thread titled simply MPP Solar LVX6048WP, where you and others with this model can focus on it alone. I did see a thread titled LVX6048WP F13 Fault Code...

That said, I like a lot of what I see in the WP model, particularly the dual PV inputs and (please be careful) higher PV voltage, and hope that you benefit from some developmental improvements over the LVX6048. Despite the WP designation, I'd hesitate to put the inverter out in the weather unprotected!

MPP Solar's website is strongly promoting the V1.30 firmware update, so that may help a lot, assuming you can get into the controls...

Good luck!

Thanks. That darn buy now button got me again ?.
Will report back this weekend once I get it installed.
Forgot to report back. The capacitor, wired into the panel box a few feet away from the inverter made no difference with lights flickering.

Edit, a better description would be a pulse in the light every time the washer agitates / pulls a surge of current

Hello everyone, first post here from a solar newb so go easy on me. Bit of background, I’m installing a LVX6048WP with 5.5kW of solar on two strings of 6 panels each. The system is to be grid tied without battery storage.
The issue I’m having is nothing seem to work on the LVX6048WP unit. It keeps flashing a code 13 warning. The unit needs a software update so I’m hoping the update will solve that issue. Now for the update part, I downloaded the new software onto a windows 10 PC but can’t get it to connect to the unit. I’ve tried connecting the Ethernet cable to a USB adapter in my PC but that still doesn’t work and the updater program doesn’t detect a port associated with the unit. After two days of trying to connect I gotta concede defeat so I’m hoping someone here can nudge me in the right direction. My iPhone connected to it via wifi but I don’t think I can update the firmware using my phone. Please help!
Hi I have been doing updated to my lvx6048wp for the last few days, I did not get that code but I did get 32 code and had to roll back

you need a serial adapter to connect to the port to upload the software,

i used one of these then a serial to usb back

you may be able to go from usb to usb I am not sure

I tried usb to micro usb but no luck. Also tried usb to Ethernet. I’ll try the serial adapter and see.

Forgot to report back. The capacitor, wired into the panel box a few feet away from the inverter made no difference with lights flickering.

Edit, a better description would be a pulse in the light every time the washer agitates / pulls a surge of current
:( Well at least I didn't spend that $12 yet. Thanks for the update.

Hi I have been doing updated to my lvx6048wp for the last few days, I did not get that code but I did get 32 code and had to roll back

you need a serial adapter to connect to the port to upload the software,

i used one of these then a serial to usb back

you may be able to go from usb to usb I am not sure
Got it updated with that adapter, thanks! Still have a code 13 /!\

Hi folks! First time poster. I have an offgrid LVX6048 and a single EG4LL 48volt (v-1) battery. Tomorrow I expect delivery of my second battery, totally identical to the first battery.
My question is, where can I find settings and instructions for adding this second battery? Dip switches, top balancing, cabling, etc.
Thanks!

Has anyone else updated to the newer 1.3 for the LVX6048MP?

My battery settings seem to be all messed up in the solarpower software, and for some reason I have voltage on my Generator input which is not connected to anything. I did not notice this before the upgrade. Anyone else ?

1668778108444.png

Drove up to the ranch yesterday to update the firmware to hopefully resolve the intermittent resets. I followed the procedure as documented including assuring the solar input was off any all parallel inverters were off. I used the following most up to date firmware. https://watts247.com/manuals/mpp/Firmware/LVX6048/

Using a usb to serial adapter I saw comm-port 7 open and the inverter displayed YES [PG}.

Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 2.19.42 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 2.19.34 PM.png

After a few moments the inverter displayed error 32. The unit no longer works only displaying error 32. I then tried the previous release and could not get it working again. Does anyone have a link to software/firmware that can recover this unit?

Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 2.19.53 PM.png

Thank you for your input.

That control panel is the same one used in the lv/sp6548/eg4 6500 etc and has been prone to not flashing properly due to getting very hot. Do you have some way of really cooling it down before flashing?

Can you still get access to the inverter through the serial port even with the error 32 showing?

That control panel is the same one used in the lv/sp6548/eg4 6500 etc and has been prone to not flashing properly due to getting very hot. Do you have some way of really cooling it down before flashing?

The inverter had been off and was in a room that was 45 degrees f* (7c). The display was cool to the touch. Thank you for your input.

Can you still get access to the inverter through the serial port even with the error 32 showing?
I didn't try watchpower after the flash attempt. My main goal is rolling the inverter back as the ranch is down from three inverters to two. The issue with this location is that the residents are dependent on these inverters for power, there is not grid. Because of this I didn't try and update the other two inverters.

Next time im onsite I'll try both watchpower and what ever mpp sends back.

Hi folks! First time poster. I have an offgrid LVX6048 and a single EG4LL 48volt (v-1) battery. Tomorrow I expect delivery of my second battery, totally identical to the first battery.
My question is, where can I find settings and instructions for adding this second battery? Dip switches, top balancing, cabling, etc.
Thanks!
Hi again folks! It has been 7 days since I posted my question. Not a single response. Did I ask in an improper manner? Did I post it in the wrong area?

Back