MPP-Solar LVX-6048

Attachments

• photo_2021-05-14_22-29-26.jpg
    photo_2021-05-14_22-29-26.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 40
  • photo_2021-05-14_22-28-46.jpg
    photo_2021-05-14_22-28-46.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 40
Amazing. Can you give us your thoughts on them? How long have you been running?
So far I had 4 LV2424 running, which I also used to feed energy into the grid. In order to increase the maximum connection power, I decided on 3 LVX6048, because I also saw an advantage for me in the higher PV voltage for larger arrays and I liked the 48V battery voltage. As the ability to feed into the grid was a basic requirement the LVX6048 was my final decision.
About 20 days ago I received the shipment from MPP Solar, Taiwan. Unfortunately, one of the 3 devices arrived with a cable not connected to the board. After consulting MPP Solar Support, I disassembled the device and found the loose cable. Unfortunately, this means that the devices were shipped out without testing them. Now all 3 devices have been running in parallel for about 2 weeks. However, there are still problems in the details:
1.) Communication with the app via WiFi is not yet working. MPP Solar is aware of this, and there should be an update for the app at the end of June.
2.) Communication with the SolarPower software is not working properly. I have tried the v.1.16 recommended by MPPSolar and my last working v.1.14SP1, which was operated with the LV2424, and none of them work properly. With v.1.16 I do not get any data or event logs and with v.1.14SP1 the daily PV outputs are displayed incorrectly and even the former recorded values from the past are modified daily.
3.) But the most serious problem is that the LVX6048 has not yet fed any energy into the grid, which was working fine with my 4 LV2424. As soon as the batteries are fully charged, the PV generation is throttled down to the value of the connected load. This means that I am forced to discharge the batteries every night as much as I can in order to be able to use PV energy during the day.
I am in contact with MPPsolar and hope to find a solution as soon as possible.

So far I had 4 LV2424 running, which I also used to feed energy into the grid. In order to increase the maximum connection power, I decided on 3 LVX6048, because I also saw an advantage for me in the higher PV voltage for larger arrays and I liked the 48V battery voltage. As the ability to feed into the grid was a basic requirement the LVX6048 was my final decision.
About 20 days ago I received the shipment from MPP Solar, Taiwan. Unfortunately, one of the 3 devices arrived with a cable not connected to the board. After consulting MPP Solar Support, I disassembled the device and found the loose cable. Unfortunately, this means that the devices were shipped out without testing them. Now all 3 devices have been running in parallel for about 2 weeks. However, there are still problems in the details:
1.) Communication with the app via WiFi is not yet working. MPP Solar is aware of this, and there should be an update for the app at the end of June.
2.) Communication with the SolarPower software is not working properly. I have tried the v.1.16 recommended by MPPSolar and my last working v.1.14SP1, which was operated with the LV2424, and none of them work properly. With v.1.16 I do not get any data or event logs and with v.1.14SP1 the daily PV outputs are displayed incorrectly and even the former recorded values from the past are modified daily.
3.) But the most serious problem is that the LVX6048 has not yet fed any energy into the grid, which was working fine with my 4 LV2424. As soon as the batteries are fully charged, the PV generation is throttled down to the value of the connected load. This means that I am forced to discharge the batteries every night as much as I can in order to be able to use PV energy during the day.
I am in contact with MPPsolar and hope to find a solution as soon as possible.
Option 09 in the setup menu is supposed to control the grid feed. It is set to 'Gtd' by default (disable) and has to be set to 'GtE' to feed excess back to the grid... I'm sure you've probably done this already... :)

Option 09 in the setup menu is supposed to control the grid feed. It is set to 'Gtd' by default (disable) and has to be set to 'GtE' to feed excess back to the grid... I'm sure you've probably done this already... :)
Thanks daviddakers, yes I did, I'm quite famliar with the menu and its settings as they are almost the same as the LV2424 settings which I'm running 8 of them for several years now.

Thanks daviddakers, yes I did, I'm quite famliar with the menu and its settings as they are almost the same as the LV2424 settings which I'm running 8 of them for several years now.
I figured so, but you never know... Hope support fixes it for you! ;)

Have you had PV, battery and grid feeding the load all at once at all? (it's a question we're all wondering about). I guess with 18Kw of output capacity you've probably never seen the need.

speaking of settings, does anyone know if there is a setting to disable the "beep" sound when pressing the buttons on the LVX6048?

Here's the manual.

Attachments

• LVX6048 split phase manual-20210312(3).pdf
    6.7 MB · Views: 50
I'm new to solar (but have been reading silently on this forum for a long time). This is what I want to do as my first solar project:

I want to build a system which will be designed to ONLY run my 4 ton AC condenser which should pull 4 KW and 20 AMPs (running). I have NO (none, nada, zero, zilch) desire to back-feed the grid. However, I do want to PULL from the grid when the sun isn't shining on my panels or my panels are not putting out enough watts. Also, I do not want to install batteries at this time. Maybe later, but not now. So basically I want an all-in-one system which will take any (or all) of my PV output first and if that is not enough, then it will pull the extra watts needed from the grid. The LVX6048 says is does not need batteries, so that box is checked. But when I look at the Solar Power User Manual on the MPP website for the LVX6048, it is unclear to me if this unit will do what I want. Under Chapter 4 (Solar Power GUI Interface), it describes 3 power flow scenarios....1)Grid Tie Operation 2) Grid Tie with BackUp Operation and 3) Off Grid Operation. I can't determine from reading this if any of these scenarios will meet my objectives. It would seem that the "Line Mode" under "Grid Tie with BackUp Operation" comes closest to meeting my requirements, but I am not sure. Remember, if my PV is only putting out 2KW,I want to use that and then supplement the Grid for the other 2KW for the total 4KW I need to run my AC condenser. I NEVER want to backfeed the grid. Will this LVX6048 meet my needs?

I'm new to solar (but have been reading silently on this forum for a long time). This is what I want to do as my first solar project:

I want to build a system which will be designed to ONLY run my 4 ton AC condenser which should pull 4 KW and 20 AMPs (running). I have NO (none, nada, zero, zilch) desire to back-feed the grid. However, I do want to PULL from the grid when the sun isn't shining on my panels or my panels are not putting out enough watts. Also, I do not want to install batteries at this time. Maybe later, but not now. So basically I want an all-in-one system which will take any (or all) of my PV output first and if that is not enough, then it will pull the extra watts needed from the grid. The LVX6048 says is does not need batteries, so that box is checked. But when I look at the Solar Power User Manual on the MPP website for the LVX6048, it is unclear to me if this unit will do what I want. Under Chapter 4 (Solar Power GUI Interface), it describes 3 power flow scenarios....1)Grid Tie Operation 2) Grid Tie with BackUp Operation and 3) Off Grid Operation. I can't determine from reading this if any of these scenarios will meet my objectives. It would seem that the "Line Mode" under "Grid Tie with BackUp Operation" comes closest to meeting my requirements, but I am not sure. Remember, if my PV is only putting out 2KW,I want to use that and then supplement the Grid for the other 2KW for the total 4KW I need to run my AC condenser. I NEVER want to backfeed the grid. Will this LVX6048 meet my needs?
Yes, we're all looking for an answer to that question. On page 24/25 there is a diagram that shows Line Mode with all of PV, Battery and Grid (bypass) going to load... but the wording for the parameter 01 SBU leaves a lot to be wondered about "Solar energy provides power to the
loads as first priority. If solar energy is not sufficient to power all connected loads, battery energy will supply power to the loads at the same time.
Utility provides power to the loads only when battery voltage drops to either low-level warning voltage or the setting point in program 20 or solar and battery is not sufficient."

So it sounds like it might do what you want but we're still waiting someone who has one to confirm that is what it does... (this was a discussion earlier in this thread).

Yes, we're all looking for an answer to that question. On page 24/25 there is a diagram that shows Line Mode with all of PV, Battery and Grid (bypass) going to load... but the wording for the parameter 01 SBU leaves a lot to be wondered about "Solar energy provides power to the
loads as first priority. If solar energy is not sufficient to power all connected loads, battery energy will supply power to the loads at the same time.
Utility provides power to the loads only when battery voltage drops to either low-level warning voltage or the setting point in program 20 or solar and battery is not sufficient."

So it sounds like it might do what you want but we're still waiting someone who has one to confirm that is what it does... (this was a discussion earlier in this thread).
Thanks for the reply David. Does the LV6048 do what I want. I realize I would then need to install some batteries, but since the LV has been out for a while, does that unit do what I have described?

Thanks for the reply David. Does the LV6048 do what I want. I realize I would then need to install some batteries, but since the LV has been out for a while, does that unit do what I have described?
No. With the LV6048 it's bypass OR LV/battery.

Yes, this is the computer software you can download from the MPP Solar website. The solarpower app for smart phones doesn't work yet with the LVX6048. They told me to have an working update at the end of June.

Back