diy solar

diy solar

MPP-Solar LVX-6048

25-40 watts is extremely low. Even the Victron equipment is barely that low. I highly doubt the Voltronic (MPP and Growatt) is that low.
I just tested my LV 6048 this morning and it was using 35 watts. Did you know I can turn off the inverter LV6048 and still charge the batteries? Learning new things every day :)

Hi, I need some heelp, I just bye 4 Northstar NSB 190FT Blue+ and I dont not know how to configure the battery on my LVX 6048. Attach is the information of the battery. Thank

Attachments

• northstarblue_datasheet(1).pdf
    452.2 KB · Views: 20
Hey All,
I've been watching this thread and didn't see this answered yet with regards to the differences between the two models (LV or LVX 6048), but do you all know if these can be run directly from PV panels during the day, bypassing the batteries, or do they have to be charged directly to battery, then back into the system?

Just wondering if I can power some things in house while sun is up, and still charge batteries at same time.

Was about to order the LV, but still not sure if I should go with the newer LVX. Their online brochures really make you dig for specifics on the differences, but did see that the LV only allows 145V Max PV input vs. 450V Max PV input on the LVX.

Conversely, the LV has 220A Max utility+solar charging vs. only 100A utility+solar charging on the LVX.

Tough decision...anybody have any thoughts?

Many thanks in advance...

Negative, the LVX 6048 is providing power to the house main power panel, however the fan is the only appliance in the circuit after the light interruptor.
Did you ever figure it out? Mine has a clicking as well and the light and fan go out when it clicks. Do other units out there have the clicking? I hade two previous inverters running these fans no problem.

Did you ever figure it out? Mine has a clicking as well and the light and fan go out when it clicks. Do other units out there have the clicking? I hade two previous inverters running these fans no problem.
Negative, as is the only appliance in the house acting erratic I don’t bother. I just opted to not turn the fan/light on. At some point I thought it was a bad configuration in the inverter but all it seems to be properly configured, 120/60hz, I used a voltmeter to see the volts in the line and it shown 120v “normal parameters”. Maybe is not reaching the 60hz? I do not have a osilloscope to see is that’s the case.

What settings are you guys using for lifepo4 batteries?
48v dc cutoff, 51v cutoff if there is grid power, float 53.7v, bulk 54v. The graphic in solar power will not work at all, it will show 58% SoC when the battery is fully charged.

I emailed MPP this was the response:

Hi Russell,

The clicking means the relay is switching. It might be caused by unstable DC or AC output.

Is it working normally when running other types of AC load?

thanks
————————————

I’m at my end with this unit - the old windy nation I had worked better than this. If MPP can’t provide a solve I’m going back to a controller and inverter set up.

Any suggestions on 48V 120/240 split phase inverters and a controller that can take up to 350V PV input?

48v dc cutoff, 51v cutoff if there is grid power, float 53.7v, bulk 54v. The graphic in solar power will not work at all, it will show 58% SoC when the battery is fully charged.
16s? That bulk seems too low then unless you're charging super slowly. Have you been able to get it to charge from grid? My solar panels won't be setup for a couple more weeks so I'm trying to get the grid charging working with no success. My current battery voltage is below the bulk charge voltage, float charge voltage, and grid available stop charge voltage, but it never starts charging.

16s? That bulk seems too low then unless you're charging super slowly. Have you been able to get it to charge from grid? My solar panels won't be setup for a couple more weeks so I'm trying to get the grid charging working with no success. My current battery voltage is below the bulk charge voltage, float charge voltage, and grid available stop charge voltage, but it never starts charging.
Yes 16s, there is no need to charge the LiFePo4 to 100%. I only use the solar panels to charge the battery, try to play with the schedule times to star charging your batteries with the grid. I have read here in the forum that some LV series inverters did not charge up to bulk voltages unless they take them out of the “automatic bulk”.

Use this as a reference. I took this spreadsheet from this forum too. I can not recall the name of the discussion.

Attachments

• 025166D9-51F2-4800-9D4A-AD901699DB7E.jpeg
    025166D9-51F2-4800-9D4A-AD901699DB7E.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 70
Yes 16s, there is no need to charge the LiFePo4 to 100%. I only use the solar panels to charge the battery, try to play with the schedule times to star charging your batteries with the grid. I have read here in the forum that some LV series inverters did not charge up to bulk voltages unless they take them out of the “automatic bulk”.
Thanks I'll try that then. Does anyone know if the AC mains indicator is supposed to be solid or flashing? Mine is flashing.

Back