diy solar

diy solar

MPP-Solar LVX-6048

Hi,

On October I had a problem with my inverter de Display went off the system keep working. I open the system removing the cover and I found that the communication board was bad the RJ45 ports.

I call MPPS and they send me a new communication board and the Service Manual the problem was that on the service manual there was mistake that show a bad connection I fallow the diagram and I burn the new board. On the diagram show that connector CN5 from communication board to go to AC start at the main board and CN2 from communication board to CN2 at main board. I found with a friend that have the same system that CN2 and CN5 was reverse on the diagram. I call MPPS and they send me the correction .

The System is working ok, I have the wife working .

Attach is a copy of the service manual.

Miguel

Attachments

• INVERTER LVX 6KW 120V service manual-0601 w correction.pdf
    6.2 MB · Views: 89
  • 20211124_175554.jpg
    20211124_175554.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 20211116_083532.jpg
    20211116_083532.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 26
Hi folks,
Is the only way to change the settings by the small panel on the front and/or the SolarPower app?
I dont use any Icloud or cloud of any type. I probably never will.

What is that usb port for? I searched the entire manual and found zilch on it.

Any way to get this up on the computer to change settings and make my life a lot easier?
Web GUI's are most useful for changing router settings, be nice for this too.

Heh, guess I had a few more questions than I thought.
Thanks

Hi folks,
Is the only way to change the settings by the small panel on the front and/or the SolarPower app?
I dont use any Icloud or cloud of any type. I probably never will.

What is that usb port for? I searched the entire manual and found zilch on it.

Any way to get this up on the computer to change settings and make my life a lot easier?
Web GUI's are most useful for changing router settings, be nice for this too.

Heh, guess I had a few more questions than I thought.
Thanks
you can use the usb also incombinatiin with a raspberry pi for monitoring.
home assistant with jblache's python libraries is one diy option, or solar asstistant is one

So the usb would work with a windows computer and SolarPower app?
If so, that maybe solves a problem.

I am not sure if it is SolarPower or Watchpower that works with the LVX6048, but I am using SolarPower on a crappy old Dell laptop to run my LV2424 Hybrid. This is the only picture I could find :p

IMG_8993.jpg

Hello everyone. I have a problem with grid tie option. The inverter firmware version is 60.00. Somebody know how can I update it to 63.02 version. I think that resolve the problem.

Hello everyone. I have a problem with grid tie option. The inverter firmware version is 60.00. Somebody know how can I update it to 63.02 version. I think that resolve the problem.
Hi Reyes , can you give more information of the problem.

Hi Reyes , Can you give more information of the problem.
Hi Mickey

The inverter don't send energy to the grid. The program configuration 9 (Solar energy feed to grid configuration) is enable but PV energy only charges battery and provide power to the load. The feeds remaining energy don't send to the grid. I think is a problem about firmware version 60.00. Does anyone have the same problem?

If you remove the power from the grid to the inverter it will provide power to the load?

And the ac out is connected to the grid.
No, never. Grid is connected to ac in(inverter) and ac out (inverter) to the load, in my case. You can install a selector if You want connect grid to the load directly or select ac out (inverter) to the load.

I am not sure if it is SolarPower or Watchpower that works with the LVX6048, but I am using SolarPower on a crappy old Dell laptop to run my LV2424 Hybrid. This is the only picture I could find :p

View attachment 78201
I tried the USB to a windows 10 laptop on my LVX6048. No Joy. The computer didnt even know what it was connected to.
I will get a serial adapter and give that a go. I do have an old router that has a serial port, i might mess with that at some point and see if i can network this to it.. I had to use that tiny screen to set up the battery and change the other settings . It was a pain.

I tried the USB to a windows 10 laptop on my LVX6048. No Joy. The computer didnt even know what it was connected to.
I will get a serial adapter and give that a go. I do have an old router that has a serial port, i might mess with that at some point and see if i can network this to it.. I had to use that tiny screen to set up the battery and change the other settings . It was a pain.
I use the wifi version of watchpower for my LV6548's. Use the manual to set it up.

I use the wifi version of watchpower for my LV6548's. Use the manual to set it up.
Hi, there are two way to connect, one is using a wireless router not necessary connected to the internet, wend you download the program solar-power it will guide you to connect. The other one is use the RS-232 cable that came with the system, need an adapter cable from RS- 232 to USB you can buy on any computer store or eBay and you can connect to your computer. Windows 7 or 10.

Hi Mickey

The inverter don't send energy to the grid. The program configuration 9 (Solar energy feed to grid configuration) is enable but PV energy only charges battery and provide power to the load. The feeds remaining energy don't send to the grid. I think is a problem about firmware version 60.00. Does anyone have the same problem?
Enabling option 9 doesn't do anything on my unit either

Back