diy solar

diy solar

MPP-Solar LVX-6048

Hi, there are two way to connect, one is using a wireless router not necessary connected to the internet, wend you download the program solar-power it will guide you to connect. The other one is use the RS-232 cable that came with the system, need an adapter cable from RS- 232 to USB you can buy on any computer store or eBay and you can connect to your computer. Windows 7 or 10.
Micky, could you tell me-
What router did you use?
For the Router, what did you connect to on the LVX6048 to use the router? I had thought it might be rs232, but was not sure.
You said download SolarPower, did you mean for Windows? I got an install disk for Windows with the LVX6048 package.
In an earlier post, I mentioned that I plugged the usb port to computer and got nothing.

My experience with routers connected by usb is data storage or printer. Maybe DD-WRT has some option?.
I have an old gargolye router that has the Serial port connection. I was planning on digging it out of my boneyard to try.

I have a usb to serial adapter here to use, but thought it would be neat to use my regular pc to do this wirelessly from a different room.

Micky, could you tell me-
What router did you use?
For the Router, what did you connect to on the LVX6048 to use the router? I had thought it might be rs232, but was not sure.
You said download SolarPower, did you mean for Windows? I got an install disk for Windows with the LVX6048 package.
In an earlier post, I mentioned that I plugged the usb port to computer and got nothing.

My experience with routers connected by usb is data storage or printer. Maybe DD-WRT has some option?.
I have an old gargolye router that has the Serial port connection. I was planning on digging it out of my boneyard to try.

I have a usb to serial adapter here to use, but thought it would be neat to use my regular pc to do this wirelessly from a different room.
The router with Wi-Fi is for connecting Wi-Fi to your phone or PC, for connecting with the PC by USB you need an adapter for rs232 to usb.

The router with Wi-Fi is for connecting Wi-Fi to your phone or PC, for connecting with the PC by USB you need an adapter for rs232 to usb.
Here is a photo of the RS-232 to USB cable

Attachments

• 20220110_132817.jpg
    20220110_132817.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 15
Here is a photo of the RS-232 to USB cable
Thank you for the replies.
I thought when you mentioned router that you were saying -
if I connect a router to the LVX6048, I could network to it by Windows computer.
I am guessing that cannot be done for now

Thank you for the replies.
I thought when you mentioned router that you were saying -
if I connect a router to the LVX6048, I could network to it by Windows computer.
I am guessing that cannot be done for no
Les go back, the program that use the computer y not the same as the phone. The program that use the computer only can be access with the RS-232 an the adapter to usb. The other way is using Wi-Fi to the cell phone.

I noticed something unusual today.
When the pv power was available, the led lights in my kitchen flicker some.
The only other thing I have on solar are my freezers.
When I turned off the PV power, the lights stopped flickering.
I took the lights to other circuits for different rooms of my home and got the same results.
The battery was fully charged, but it does it when the battery is charging also.
My VOC is 330
I have 6750 watts of panels , but they do not output 6000 watts, more like 5000 watts measured-
Volts times amps. I dont actually know how to measure the total amps produced in full sun.
my meter says 16 amps when I put it across the pv input.
The LVX6048 outputs measure 120 volts and 240 volts dead on
This system is totally offgrid.
I have no idea why that is happeing.
Any ideas?
Thanks

I took the lights to other circuits for different rooms of my home and got the same results.
The battery was fully charged, but it does it when the battery is charging also.
My VOC is 330
I have 6750 watts of panels , but they do not output 6000 watts, more like 5000 watts measured-
Volts times amps. I dont actually know how to measure the total amps produced in full sun.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Replace the led lights I had the same problem. I don't know the problem with led.

My VOC is 330
Any ideas?
Thanks
DMI had his problem in one of his videos. He said it was caused by cheap LED lights, he went to better quality LED's and the problem went away.

I may have to buy different lights, but, whenever I have a problem like this one, I cant walk away from it.
This morning I watched the system closely, the flickering did not begin again until the LVX6048 hit 35 amps charging.
After that, I could not stop the flickering without disconnecting the PV panels. I tried changing the settings like some folks in the forum have
done, but nothing I changed stopped it. I am still collecting data on the problem.

Last edited:
Les go back, the program that use the computer y not the same as the phone. The program that use the computer only can be access with the RS-232 an the adapter to usb. The other way is using Wi-Fi to the cell phone.
What I have so far is simply an old laptop connected to usb/serial adapter to the LVX6048. I installed VNC server on it and VNC Viewer on my office computer. I can now change settings by any device I have that has VNC on it from anywhere in the world. That old computer was just sitting in my boneyard, so that is a good use for it. I turned off the display and told it not to sleep. I will dream up a better idea later.

Last edited:
My cheap ($4) LED bulbs flicker with the LVX too. My more expensive ones ($20-50) don't.

Hi Mickey

The inverter don't send energy to the grid. The program configuration 9 (Solar energy feed to grid configuration) is enable but PV energy only charges battery and provide power to the load. The feeds remaining energy don't send to the grid. I think is a problem about firmware version 60.00. Does anyone have the same problem?
I had the same problem, when I got my 3 units in May 2021. I reported this issue to MPPsolar and they sent me 2 firmware updates. The 2nd firmware, which is 63.02, fixed the problem, but there are many errors left which they never solved. When I insisted to get a fix for all the remaining bugs they stopped answering my emails.

I had the same problem, when I got my 3 units in May 2021. I reported this issue to MPPsolar and they sent me 2 firmware updates. The 2nd firmware, which is 63.02, fixed the problem, but there are many errors left which they never solved. When I insisted to get a fix for all the remaining bugs they stopped answering my emails.
Anyone get an LVX6048WP yet? If it has similar issues, I may re-consider

I am curious, would you mention the other issues that are unresolved please?
I am having trouble getting my LVX6048 to stop saying the batteries (4 eg4 48v 100ah) are full charged, when they are not. I turn the array off an on, and the charge sequence begins immediately and runs for hours because they never where fully charged. 55.5 bulk and 53.9 float currently

I am having trouble getting my LVX6048 to stop saying the batteries (4 eg4 48v 100ah) are full charged, when they are not. I turn the array off an on, and the charge sequence begins immediately and runs for hours because they never where fully charged. 55.5 bulk and 53.9 float currently
Set float at 0.5V less than bulk.

Set float at 0.5V less than bulk.
Set to 55.5 bulk and 54 float . I really am not sure what the best settings for that eg4 battery are. Anybody that knows, give a holler.
The manual says 56v bulk recommended. I heard it was bad for the batteries to charge so close to 100 percent.

Feel free to read all my former posts in this thread.
The following posts are about issues.
All these issues are unresolved except the SolarPower android app is working now. I only use it for poor monitoring. I tried to change the settings once remotely and I put the whole system on fault by error 80. Very bad when you are not at home, because you cannot reset the system remotely. The SolarPower PC software still doesn't work.

Back