diy solar

diy solar

MPP Solar not showing SP1 SP2

Guda

Superstrut Strut
I really really wanted to do this whole project without asking any questions. Oh well.

I have 2 of these , a new one & one thats about 18 months old. I am putting them into split phase. My original unit is not showing the SP1 SP2 options. My guess was I needed a firmware update. I could not find directions or a download for a firmware update.

Yes, I turned off the unit to change setting 28. No, I have not done a factory reset.

Any idea why the older unit is not showing SP1-SP2?

Thank you!

This is the 1st time the distributor has heard of this issue. My gut has been saying "factory reset". Distributor said go for it. I've recorded the issue & now I am going to factory reset.

Made a video about the issue. Next step is a firmware update. Have not found the directions on how to do that yet. Anyone?

Tried a firmware update to no avail. Its a strange operation. Calls for RS-232 aka Cat5 directly plugged AIO to computer, thats strange. Usually there is a router involved. There is also a USB, that did not work either. I also tried a router.

Factory reset messed up my settings, cant seam to get AC charging to act normal now.

The distributor says this is a unknown issue. Lucky me. I'll keep this thread up tell i have the solution.

This a shit show. The firmware update comes with a updater. Guess there needs to be a driver for the cat5 to be used as a rs232. What driver you ask? No fing idea. Looking for a hour, downloading tons of bs thats not working.

If their updater needs a driver why not link it? MPP solar is loosing MASSIVE points. My plan to have 8 of these might just switch to growatts

I've got it!

Needed a USB to RS-232 to the wifi module cord.

THE TRICK IS!!!!!!!!!

The directions say to have the AIO in no in no out mode. Most in my situation's internet is on the AC out. IE, no AC out = no internet. No internet = windows not able to grab the correct driver.

SO
Plug it all in with your internet ON. Let the interwebs message your wires for a moment. Then follow the directions.

Will, do a video about this for the peeps plz. Not a big deal now. But my guess is when then next update comes a lot pf ppl going to need o do this.

Now I get to get on with my life, my life with split phase ;)

Back