diy solar

diy solar

MPP Solar PIP 2424MSE Error Code 01 help!

BeachShack

Looking for some troubleshooting suggestions with regards to MPP Solar PIP 2424MSE. Unit has been operation perfectly for 11 months. Recently the error code 01 (fan fault) came on permanently. I've turned off all the power inputs and turned the unit off to try reset the error code but fault comes back as soon as I connect the unit. Both cooling fans appear to be be running normally, changing speed with differing loads as I would normal expect. The PV input seems to be limited to 200W when I would normally expect to see 600-700W on a sunny day until the batteries are charged. Due to the limited PV input the unit now automatically switches to grid bypass mode.
I have contact MPP Solar customer support, after providing the general information they requested, their reply was: "Please remove the unit's main board then check the fan connection drive resistance in the back of the main board. Thank you." I'm a reasonably tech savy guy but I'm not sure I'm ready to remove the main board of the unit, especially considering the unit is still under warranty. they have provided no detailed instructions on how to test the fan connection drive resistance or any other information to help be navigate the removal of the main board.

Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Jamie

Set-up
4x 250W Canadian Solar panels (2 sets of 2 panels)
4x 12v 100Ah Lead acid batteries (2 sets of 2 Batteries)

Normal daily load is two 220W pool pumps running 9am-6pm daily

Back