diy solar

diy solar

MPP Solar PIP 2724LV-MR

Nathan36

Building a small portable system around a 2.3 KW LiFePo4 battery bank and a MPP Solar PIP2724LV-MR. I'm trying to decide what panels to buy. The Inverter/Charger has a 25 amp MPPT charge controller built in. The max pv VOC is 60V and the max pv input is 600 watts. I was planning to run two 72 cell panels in parallel. As long as I stay under the 25 amp maximum short circuit current am I okay to exceed the 600 watts? I was planning on running two 350 watt panels.

A second question is what do y'all recommend for a BMS? I was planning on using a 150 amp Daly.

Thanks,
Nathan

Building a small portable system around a 2.3 KW LiFePo4 battery bank and a MPP Solar PIP2724LV-MR. I'm trying to decide what panels to buy. The Inverter/Charger has a 25 amp MPPT charge controller built in. The max pv VOC is 60V and the max pv input is 600 watts. I was planning to run two 72 cell panels in parallel. As long as I stay under the 25 amp maximum short circuit current am I okay to exceed the 600 watts? I was planning on running two 350 watt panels.

A second question is what do y'all recommend for a BMS? I was planning on using a 150 amp Daly.

Thanks,
Nathan
I just asked the same question before finding your post… I’m looking at building the same exact system. did you get any answers? Have you put it together? Did you figure out what kind of PV array works best? Thx much!

60v PV input and 25a MPPT? That's tiny. Was it an older unit you got a good deal on?

You can usually over-panel a bit since panels almost never run at rated capacity all the time, the big key is to never EVER go over your voltage limit. If you live in places where it gets cold, you'll have to under-size your panel voltage since they get higher as the temperature goes down.

Post up the specs on those panels you're looking at and whereabouts you live and we can double-check you math, but as long as you're under about 48VoC and 25a you should be fine, it'll just clip off whatever comes in over the 600w limit.

I just asked the same question before finding your post… I’m looking at building the same exact system. did you get any answers? Have you put it together? Did you figure out what kind of PV array works best? Thx much!

Thanks,
Nathan
I’d think the max output is 600W, as that’s 25*24 but, max INPUT shouldn’t be the same…
Overpaneling is common, most do around 25% overpaneling watts. Only issue should be lost output at peak sun angle… check the manual.

Back