diy solar

diy solar

MPP SOLAR PIP5048MG HYBRID INVERTER CHARGER, cooling fans fail

Malski

Hi everybody, I have had this system up and running just fine for about 9 months. Recently I have noticed the inverter is tripping on code #02
Thermal overload.
Also noticed the fans are no longer switching on.

Any ideas on how to correct this problem will be greatly appreciated. I have the unit apart, and see the temp sensors running up to the 2 large heat sinks. Associated diodes, switching transistors, small transformers etc etc. I can solder and do minor component replacements, but not a technician capable of making a fault diagnosis.

.....please, any help out there ?

Did you verify if the fan is getting the Voltage to run? Pictures?
Not under warranty any more?

Did you verify if the fan is getting the Voltage to run? Pictures?
Not under warranty any more?
Thanks Bud, further investigation showed 12 volts at the fan plugs.
I noticed that there are 4 wires running to each fan, after removing them I disassembled one and found a whole bunch of electronic components on the back of the motor. Guess something has burnt out on these boards.
I am going to try fitting same size fans, but only use 2 wires.

The fan may be variable speed control type. Do you have the pictures of the sticker on the fan?

Can you run the cooling fans directly from a solar panel?

I have a 10w panel directly powering two cooling fans for my mppts. They go hard all day every day during sunlight hours.

I managed to fit 2 old fans from a computer. They run ok but no longer variable speed. Seems to be sufficient cooling, thanks for your replies ?

Hi everybody, I have had this system up and running just fine for about 9 months. Recently I have noticed the inverter is tripping on code #02
Thermal overload.
Also noticed the fans are no longer switching on.

Any ideas on how to correct this problem will be greatly appreciated. I have the unit apart, and see the temp sensors running up to the 2 large heat sinks. Associated diodes, switching transistors, small transformers etc etc. I can solder and do minor component replacements, but not a technician capable of making a fault diagnosis.

.....please, any help out there ?
Boy, let me know if u find someone, I can’t even get my MPP 6048 to stay up & running above 300w

Back