diy solar

diy solar

MPP Solar Wifi Module.

scoleri

I've search the Forum as to not duplicate a discussion and didn't find anything. I have 2 questions for the world...
In the Wifi Module (WatchPower, SolarPower APP) docs/site it says:

"Inverter data is sent from the WIFI module to cloud server for processing* and parsed data is then relayed to phone APP for display. Data update is performed approximately every 5 minutes and day-to-day entries are stored on cloud server and retrievable easily from the APP."

Does anyone know what "cloud server" is and what that means?
Is it possible to query this cloud server (API?) OR is it possible to intercept the data or change the behavior of the WIFI module to send the data to the customers choosing?

I don't understand why i have to hard wire a computer to my LVX6048 or any of the inverters that use this WIFI module when the data I want is being transmitted....somewhere.

the SolerPower APP isn't completely horrible but i'd like to access, store, analyze the data elsewhere.

I searched github etc...nada.

-Scoleri

I've seen people having way too many issues with the WP Wi-Fi system, it doesn't seem to be the most stable monitoring system. I used WP for weeks and then all of a sudden it stopped working, very frustrating experience. After some research I stumbled on this video and took the leap. very pleased with its overall performance and data. Not sure if your unit is compatible, but the Solar Assistant website would tell you. The whole package Raspberry Pi4, MSD Card and software came in at under 200 dollars. Remote monitoring/control on my phone/tablet/remote PC is a huge plus.

SA1.JPG

Solar Assistant & Raspberry Pi for MPP Solar, Growatt, SolArk and Many Other Inverters!

Just copy this description and paste into YouTube search bar and the video should come up on the list.

Last edited:
Adding hardware and complicating the system further isn't my goal.

I want the data that IS available and being sent to the "cloud server". This solution is redundant and shouldn't be needed at all - i'll probably go this route eventually simply to prevent me using the SolarPower app 10 times a day.

Adding hardware and complicating the system further isn't my goal.

I want the data that IS available and being sent to the "cloud server". This solution is redundant and shouldn't be needed at all - i'll probably go this route eventually simply to prevent me using the SolarPower app 10 times a day.
Good luck in your search, have a good one!

Also interested in the watchpower code and cloud location

Try this thread, may be helpful.

Back